Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Should marijuana be legalized?

Some say its a horrible addicting drug that should have big consequences, while others say its not as bad as people make it seem to be.

Debate.
k

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Making maryjane legal + taxing it = goodbye state deficits

Jesse

Jesse Avatar
Just a mother doing graphic designing!

May 2007
I think it is just fine as being use for medical reasons. Totally legalizing it I don't agree with. I have seen to many of my friend get hooked on it and some of my friend get pregnant because of being on it and they and the baby had problems because of it.
I don't do graphics anymore! Leave me alone about it!

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Jesse Avatar
I think it is just fine as being use for medical reasons. Totally legalizing it I don't agree with. I have seen to many of my friend get hooked on it and some of my friend get pregnant because of being on it and they and the baby had problems because of it.

Alcohol is different how?

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Chris Avatar
Jesse Avatar

Alcohol is different how?

this.
k

perishingflames

perishingflames Avatar

Dedicated Member

March 2007
As long as alcohol is legal, marijuana should be. They go hand in hand, alcohol being much worse than marijuana (in terms of crime, deaths, etc).

The US government actually ordered a study a little while back on the true dangers of crack. The results came out that crack is not as dangerous to the body as tobacco and alcohol are. Needless to say, the US government didn't publish the results because they didn't like the outcome of the study.

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
perishingflames Avatar
The US government actually ordered a study a little while back on the true dangers of crack. The results came out that crack is not as dangerous to the body as tobacco and alcohol are. Needless to say, the US government didn't publish the results because they didn't like the outcome of the study.

Not published, huh? How'd you know about it?

Personally, I think it's just another reason for an increase in parallel areas of crime. For instance, muggings, theft etc. At the legalisation of marijuana, there will be many more problems for us to face.

Jesse

Jesse Avatar

May 2007
Alcohol and Marijuana are both good medical tools. Hell, whiskey is good for teething babies more the orajel is. Marijuana is also good for killing pain, but I wouldn't totally legalize it because there are people out there do and will abuse it. That's why we have all these drunk driver accidents that kill people, causes millions of dollars in property damages, and in some case something that is worst to death to me and not being able to move our hold your own child. I watched one of my friend get killed from someone that was high on Marijuana and heard from my other friend how my good buddy Jessie was killed by a drug driver. I have been on both ends of the block with this and I believe both should be use as medical purposes only, but if alcohol was use for only medical purposes people like me that drink at home and don't go anywhere after she drinks wouldn't be able to sit back and have a break from life. Every Friday night my hubby takes care of my daughter and I have a little bit of raspberry vodka in my sweet tea and I don't drink much. I get enough to make myself feel better, but never drunk.

Now we were talking about Marijuana and not alcohol, so let's try to get back on subject.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Jesse, you missed my point. Alcohol is on topic in this case. Alcohol is every bit as "evil" as Marijuana, so why is Alcohol allowed but Marijuana isn't? Are they afraid that having two "evils" will be worse than one?

According to synergy, 1 + 1 = 6 in this case. So yes, the two are worse. However, that's only if YOU ARE DRIVING. If people are driving after drinking, it doesn't matter if they're been smoking Marijuana or not: it's illegal either way. They're still unsafe and pose a threat. Marijuana has no effect on this. If they're driving while stoned, then it's the same as driving drunk. It should be a punishable offense.

I see no reason that Marijuana should be illegal while alcohol is legal, given that they both pose the same dangers. Your point for alcohol being legal is that it can help you relax some night... so can Marijuana.

I also just realized I capitalized marijuana every time I wrote it. o.O Weird.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
At the legalisation of marijuana, there will be many more problems for us to face.

Fact or opinion? :P

Marijuana is also good for killing pain, but I wouldn't totally legalize it because there are people out there do and will abuse it. That's why we have all these drunk driver accidents that kill people, causes millions of dollars in property damages, and in some case something that is worst to death to me and not being able to move our hold your own child.

So are you saying that marijuna is the reasn we ahve drunk drivers? O_o
k

Parker

Parker Avatar

February 2009
psh I dont get to involved with these discussiosn but yes I do it sometimes and this is such a weird time for you to post it because in FACT yesterday I was with some friends and we were smoking and a police car came, luckliy the person who had it at that time threw it away and well cause they smelt it but couldnt find it we all got searched, it wasnt that bad or scary tbh cause the police women were quite friendly. Im not addicted I just like it to have it sometimes :)

Spektral

Spektral Avatar

July 2009
Wtf why not just stop it from being illegal. So you can't have it in public but it's fine to have in the privacy of your own home?

Also, Alcohol, if anything, is worse than marijuana.

Parker

Parker Avatar

February 2009
Wah? No way if your sick while drunk its fine (sometimes) you just throw it up and its all good. If you (whitey...just realized how much of a druggy I sound lol) which is when you throw up after a couple inhales THEN its bad and you feel...well very very bad.

Jesse

Jesse Avatar

May 2007
Chris Avatar
Jesse, you missed my point. Alcohol is on topic in this case. Alcohol is every bit as "evil" as Marijuana, so why is Alcohol allowed but Marijuana isn't? Are they afraid that having two "evils" will be worse than one?

According to synergy, 1 + 1 = 6 in this case. So yes, the two are worse. However, that's only if YOU ARE DRIVING. If people are driving after drinking, it doesn't matter if they're been smoking Marijuana or not: it's illegal either way. They're still unsafe and pose a threat. Marijuana has no effect on this. If they're driving while stoned, then it's the same as driving drunk. It should be a punishable offense.

I see no reason that Marijuana should be illegal while alcohol is legal, given that they both pose the same dangers. Your point for alcohol being legal is that it can help you relax some night... so can Marijuana.

I also just realized I capitalized marijuana every time I wrote it. o.O Weird.

But there are also ten more people that get put in the hospital due to Marijuana because they medically couldn't handle it. I'm one for example. I can't even be near a person that has smoked it or I start having an asthma attack and since my asthma isn't that bad normally I don't have a medicine for it, so I would either die their on the spot or be rush to the hospital and put on live support.
Andrew McGivery Avatar
Marijuana is also good for killing pain, but I wouldn't totally legalize it because there are people out there do and will abuse it. That's why we have all these drunk driver accidents that kill people, causes millions of dollars in property damages, and in some case something that is worst to death to me and not being able to move our hold your own child.

So are you saying that marijuna is the reasn we ahve drunk drivers? O_o

Yup. lol.

Last Edit: Jun 15, 2009 21:41:57 GMT by Jesse

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Jesse: So we should ban all the medicines that people have allergic reactions to, including off the shelf stuff? In that case, you should just have an inhaler with you.

newBookmarkLockedFalling