Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
With quite a few browsers out now, each with its own unique look and features, how is a user to decide which one to use?

Which one do YOU use and why?

Is one better than another?

Debate!
k

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
I use Firefox. That's why.
wat

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Firefox. Why? 'cause it isn't bulked down with unnecessary features like Flock, it's rip off. (Well, they literally use the Fx engine...) It also is not slow, like IE and Safari (for windows). It is highly customizable with extensions, more so than Opera. Not to mention most sites are compatible with Fx, unlike most with Opera. So yeah, that's why. :P

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
My IE runs fast. I honestly can't be bothered to change.

CarMichael

CarMichael Avatar

Official Member

Male

July 2007
I like FF but IE is a good back up. I hate opera and Google's isn't too bad either

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Firefox. I like to customize it, and its still amazingly fast. <3
k

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Firefox. I love my plugins and the awesome skin's Josh showed me a couple months ago :P

However, FF is kind of bulky (and it takes a while to start) on a Mac, so I've been using safari for all my putzin' around. But you still can't beat FF.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Minion Fire-san

Minion Fire-san Avatar

Dedicated Member

October 2007
I run on IE with FF as a back up. I find they both run at the same speed but use IE more often because I'm more familular with it. o.o I use Safari at school and that's kinda annoying 'cause Safari screws over most of my skins. =/

waxaddict

waxaddict Avatar

November 2008
FF with the add-on to view pages in an IE tab if necessary.

IE blows.

7.dust

7.dust Avatar

Official Member

November 2008
FF. Faster, looks better, and IE freezes up on me tooooooooo much.

"Leave, but don't leave me. Look around, choose your own ground, for long you live and high you fly and smiles you give and tears you cry and all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be."

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
Chris Avatar
Firefox. Why? 'cause it isn't bulked down with unnecessary features like Flock, it's rip off. (Well, they literally use the Fx engine...) It also is not slow, like IE and Safari (for windows). It is highly customizable with extensions, more so than Opera. Not to mention most sites are compatible with Fx, unlike most with Opera. So yeah, that's why. :P

Opera works with the top end of web standards - if some websites don't follow them - that's their fault innit?

:P

Opera works like a dream - the fastest, its got all the extra functions I'd use, and I <3 speed-dialing [which was ripped into a FX extension]. FFX takes a gazillion years to start with all the extensions running. I can yawn ten times in that time. :P Not to mention the heavy memory imprint. IE should really take some salsa classes = 3 left feet. Safari = zomg too boring.

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
I only emigrated to firefox when version 3 came out. Before, I used IE; which is now the back up for FireFox. I have Safari and Chrome aswell, but they don't compete with FireFox IMO.
Safari>IE.
FireFox>all.
Chrome<all.

Thats the way I roll ;)

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Well basically,

Safari = Chrome (they use the same engine)

so technically:

Firefox>Webkit(safari/chrome)>IE

^_^
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
Yea

Presto [Opera]> Gecko [FF] > Webkit(safari/chrome) > Trident [IE]

><

newBookmarkLockedFalling