Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
I was having a discussion with my mom about politics, and a question came up. Are politics getting better as years go on, are they getting worse, or have they always been crap?

She brought up some crappy politicians in the 40s,50s, and 60s. I brought up more recent ones. Her conclusion was that they have always been crap. My conclusion is that they are getting worse.

Whats your conclusion? :P
k

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I haven't really followed politics close enough... but I'd say they've almost always sucked. :P

Miss Moose ♥

Miss Moose ♥ Avatar
Love The Moose.

Dedicated Member

August 2007
Potitics have always sucked, but I believe they're getting worse as the years go by.

Neversoft

Neversoft Avatar

Dedicated Member

July 2006
I'm going to go with the others and say that they've always sucked, but they're getting worse.
Jesus christ, I've been here 3 years :o (Oh lawd, its 4 now)

LOL ITS 6 AND A HALF NOW

Grace Elaine [Epic Century]

Grace Elaine [Epic Century] Avatar
It's easy to see with out Looking too far that not much is really sacred

February 2008
They've always sucked. The reason: Power corrupts. The United States may be based on a Democratic system, but that doesn't mean that people don't abuse the power the same that communist leaders do.

I've worked for politics before. They are really great people, until they get in office. They come in to the public eye, and seeing as there are millions of people judging them there are more people to find little flaws. Generally make everything that do a huge deal. In the end, making them out to look like a bad person.

Nice people, but everyone has their flaws.

stoner
I agree with Pritchard. People like to have attention on them selves when in office. I just think politics needs to improve in some way.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
They've always sucked. The reason: Power corrupts. The United States may be based on a Democratic system, but that doesn't mean that people don't abuse the power the same that communist leaders do.

I've worked for politics before. They are really great people, until they get in office. They come in to the public eye, and seeing as there are millions of people judging them there are more people to find little flaws. Generally make everything that do a huge deal. In the end, making them out to look like a bad person.

Nice people, but everyone has their flaws.

The flaw thing is true for anyone who could be called a celebrity. Actors, directors, singers, politicians, etc.

Grace Elaine [Epic Century]

It's easy to see with out Looking too far that not much is really sacred

February 2008
Yep. The bad thing is, a lot of the people who criticize them have the exact flaws, but get away with it because they aren't in the spot light all the time, where people will look for things like that.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Yep. The bad thing is, a lot of the people who criticize them have the exact flaws, but get away with it because they aren't in the spot light all the time, where people will look for things like that.

Also very true. As I believe you said earlier, everyone has flaws... unfortunately, it's the more important people who are judged by them.

newBookmarkLockedFalling