Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Kind of a funny one, but its interesting. :P

Whats better/worse? Normal pop or diet pop?

Some say that diet is better for when you on a.. diet, but studies have shown that diet pop boosts your metabolism which can either make you gain more weight, or burn calories faster, depending on how your body handles it.

However, normal pop also has loads of sugar and calories.

So whats better? :P
k

Miss Moose ♥

Miss Moose ♥ Avatar
Love The Moose.

Dedicated Member

August 2007
Diet Pop is alot worse. Studies have shown that there's this thing in it that, if I can remember correctly, causes cancer. Plus it actually makes your body crave calories, and in the end you gain for weight. Plus, normal pop tastes better and kills mice :P

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Miss Moose ♥ Avatar
Diet Pop is alot worse. Studies have shown that there's this thing in it that, if I can remember correctly, causes cancer. Plus it actually makes your body crave calories, and in the end you gain for weight. Plus, normal pop tastes better and kills mice :P

This. It's all those artificial sweeteners that play havoc with our bodies.

Although in the end, either is pretty bad for you. I'll stick with water.

Also, you guys know some foods have those green "smart choice" labels (at least in America)? To supposedly help you eat right? Well it's funded by Pepsi, and I saw that sticker on a diet Pepsi bottle. On the back they worded carefully that diet Pepsi was a smart choice "among soft drinks" because of the low sugar and all that stuff. Sorry Pepsi, but I can't take that label seriously if I see that oatmeal and diet Pepsi are smart choices.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
I never knew that SO. Nice find. :)
k

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
SO was kind of hitting at it...I'll just spit it out.

Almost all foods that you buy from stores or supermarkets have High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS). Diet stuff may boast about not having sugar, but HFCS is the equivalent substitute for sugar. In fact, it's worse. HFCS acts just like sugar, but your body doesn't recognize it as "sugar," and rather treats it as something alien, or artificial. Hence, the HFCS isn't even used much like sugar, and thus is just stored in your body to add more weight. This isn't just soda, it's used everywhere, because HFCS makes the food much easier to preserve, and hence cheaper in the market.

To scare most of you, almost all cereal has tons of HFCS (why do you think it tastes so sweet? No dummy, it's not the sugar). Tee hee. :D

Grace Elaine [Epic Century]

Grace Elaine [Epic Century] Avatar
It's easy to see with out Looking too far that not much is really sacred

February 2008
I actually drink quite a bit of soda. Namely Dr.Pepper and Coke.

I don't really drink any diet soda.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
mukei Avatar

Almost all foods that you buy from stores or supermarkets have High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS). Diet stuff may boast about not having sugar, but HFCS is the equivalent substitute for sugar. In fact, it's worse. HFCS acts just like sugar, but your body doesn't recognize it as "sugar," and rather treats it as something alien, or artificial. Hence, the HFCS isn't even used much like sugar, and thus is just stored in your body to add more weight. This isn't just soda, it's used everywhere, because HFCS makes the food much easier to preserve, and hence cheaper in the market.

To scare most of you, almost all cereal has tons of HFCS (why do you think it tastes so sweet? No dummy, it's not the sugar). Tee hee. :D

Regular soda has HFCS too, in addition to the motherload of sugar already there. But diet has phosphoric acid (which is used to remove rust...mmm), aspartame, and benzoates (which when combined with vitamin C at high temperatures can cause benzene carcinogens). And I think both regular and diet have phosphoric acid, which messes with your bones.

And like you said, tons of foods have HFCS. It's hard to avoid now. :P

Last Edit: Jun 23, 2008 19:05:03 GMT by Ess Ohh

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
Ess Ohh Avatar
mukei Avatar

Regular soda has HFCS too, in addition to the motherload of sugar already there. But diet has phosphoric acid (which is used to remove rust...mmm), aspartame, and benzoates (which when combined with vitamin C at high temperatures can cause benzene carcinogens). And I think both regular and diet have phosphoric acid, which messes with your bones.

And like you said, tons of foods have HFCS. It's hard to avoid now. :P

Not really, everything that I eat now is "oragnic." No HFCS. Hooray.

Whey protein ftw.

newBookmarkLockedFalling