Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Heres one that should make for interesting conversation.

Lately I had a talk with my mom about sexist music, that we both agreed with. Face it. There is a shitload of music that talks down to woman. Music refers to them as bitches, hoes, sluts, whores, and always talks about having sex with them, raping them, ect. This music these days is often top of the charts music.

However, alot of people are anti-sexist and feminists saying woman are equal and have rights and stuff. Some of these same woman listen to some of this music.

One example I'd liek tob ring up is the song "crank that" by solja boi. The whole song is about "supermaning that hoe". And this same song was one of the biggest song not too long ago. And from hat I can tell almost all of the music by this artist has the same feel to it.

So my question. Is it ok to accept and listen to music that makes woman objects, or is it just meaningless lyrics and does it not matter?

debate.
k

stoner
Accept and go on. It is everywhere now. Let's face it and go on with life , but soon woman will talk about men that way.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Things like this are the reason I don't listen to rap/hip-hop. The majority of the lyrics are pointless, degrading, and just flat out horrible. Granted not all of them are but the majority that I ever see/hear are. As for the song in question, go watch Ice-T's reaction to it. Quite humorous and accurate at the same time. Speaking of bad song lyrics, the kid sitting next to me in my cubicle is listening to a song entitled "Let's Gang Rape That Bitch".

stoner
I don't really listen to that stuff that much either becomes Everyone has rights! You would hate it if someone was talking about you like that!

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
It doesn't make sence that woman listen to that music and say oh this is such a good song when its talking about them.
k

stoner
They shouldn't. We should treat women with respect , thought!

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
But are they respecting themselves when they listen to it themselves?
k

tcm

tcm Avatar

Studio Member

January 2008
There's good rap, and then there is sell out rap.

You've found the sell out rap, don't listen to it and you're good.

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
I hate mainstream rap from people like soulja boy and flo rida
The lyrics are terrible, thoughtless, and just plain stupid. It's killing popular culture.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
I've listened to some good hip-hop and rap that I've liked. But it defiantly wasn't soulja boy. :P
k

newBookmarkLockedFalling