Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

chaoskreator

chaoskreator Avatar
Abandon all hope...

Official Member

March 2009
Okay, how do you get layers to look right? You know the old movies that used blue screen effects, and looked totally bogus? That's how my layers are turning out. I've played with the blending options and whatnot, but can't figure it out. The best way I've found to even remotely remedy this (and it is certainly no good fix) is to throw a little blur on the edges of the layers that look funny.
Any suggestions?
Do or do not. There is no try.

The Realms Beyond
Demon Guardians

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
I'm utterly confused as to what you're trying to say. Could you upload the PSD?
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

newfieldgrafix
I think I know what you mean, try using the eraser tool to remove the hard edge of the foreground to give it an antialias.

Try not to take too many pixels off though, but take off enough to remove the pixelated edge.

Hope this helps.

chaoskreator

chaoskreator Avatar
Abandon all hope...

Official Member

March 2009
I don't have the PSD anymore, but I'm working on another that I'll post.

And, I think you've got it. I'll try that out and see if I can get it to work.
Do or do not. There is no try.

The Realms Beyond
Demon Guardians

effyochicken

effyochicken Avatar

May 2009
Maybe duplicate the foreground layer (the object/person, not the background), place it under the original layer, and give it a slight motion blur? (filter->blur->motion blur) Don't just blur the original layer because it will lose a some definition.

You could also place a copy of the background layer on top of the foreground layer, and then use the eraser tool to make the foreground layer show through.

Edit: Oh, and don't forget.. You have to play with the hue/saturation/brightness/contrast settings to make sure it all matches. A faded foreground on a sharp background just won't work out right.

Last Edit: May 21, 2009 1:12:20 GMT by effyochicken

newBookmarkLockedFalling