Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Trap topic. If you post on an odd-numbered minute, you catch swine flu and violently puke until you die. If you land on an even number, the amount of posts you have on your account is how many people you get sick until the government comes over and quarantines you.

If you don't post you get AIDS. from a pig with swine flu

Isn't this getting out of hand? Sounds like a normal flu but a different strain, meaning it's more contagious since everyone hasn't had it yet. But watching the news is like postapocalyptic.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_swine_flu_outbreak for those who don't know

Spektral

Spektral Avatar

July 2009
25-ish diagnosed in the US, all speedily recovering.

I mean, I don't want it, but it doesn't look like a big deal in a nation that has doctors.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Exactly. there's so many people dying from the normal flu every year. one person in the U.S. has died from it, and he was less than two years old.

btw I gave 2520 people swine flu :(

newfieldgrafix
OK, here's the deal Influenza A, subtype H1N1 is nothing more than the common flu. The media need to check these things before using scary names like "H1N1". Swine Flu, is mearly a mild mutation of H1N1.

They did the same thing with Influenza A subtype H5N1 (bird flu to all you nonmicrobiologists).

How may death have there been from "H1N1" (excluding Mexico)?

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
newfieldgrafix Avatar
May 1, 2009 9:15:59 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
OK, here's the deal Influenza A, subtype H1N1 is nothing more than the common flu. The media need to check these things before using scary names like "H1N1". Swine Flu, is mearly a mild mutation of H1N1.

They did the same thing with Influenza A subtype H5N1 (bird flu to all you nonmicrobiologists).

How may death have there been from "H1N1" (excluding Mexico)?

exactly

one person

and some school districts have actually shut down temporarily

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
This is really how I feel about it. :P 3,500 people dying from it AROUND THE WORLD is not many at all.

Oh, and the baby apparently had other health issues as well.

tcm

tcm Avatar

Studio Member

January 2008
Chris Avatar
This is really how I feel about it. :P 3,500 people dying from it AROUND THE WORLD is not many at all.

If 3,500 people died since it was discovered I would be worried.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I just made that up. 1 person's dead from it (in the U.S.), and there's less than 1000 cases of it. It's highly contagious since no one else has had it, but that doesn't mean it's any more deadly.

effyochicken

effyochicken Avatar

May 2009
It's all just a conspiracy to scare people into flooding money into the flu-prevention market and fund research on diseases. It's just the regular flu, and you won't die if you take the regular precautions when you catch it, like resting and drinking a lot of fluids.

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
Chris Avatar

More people have died of influenze (normal flu) than this. And, where are you getting your stats from, only 44 deaths have been confirmed to be attributed to H1N1... :-/

effyochicken

effyochicken Avatar

May 2009
I think he just made up a random number lol.... To make it seem more important to click. :P And this is a form of influenza...

richardgary1223
It is a pandemic now...

Forget about pork for a while guys! :P

effyochicken

effyochicken Avatar

May 2009
and touching Mexicans.....

xD

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
JD Avatar
Chris Avatar

More people have died of influenze (normal flu) than this. And, where are you getting your stats from, only 44 deaths have been confirmed to be attributed to H1N1... :-/

I got my stats from the thread title. :P From SO. I thought the actual count was like 49 or something, but I wasn't sure. Oh well.

richardgary1223 Avatar
May 7, 2009 14:21:00 GMT @richardgary1223 said:
It is a pandemic now...

Forget about pork for a while guys! :P

Good news: It isn't spread through pork. Another reason people should be calling it H1N1 now instead of Swine. Oh well, I still call it the swine flu.

richardgary1223
Swine = Pig...? :o

Or Pigs = Swines or hogs...

:P

Last Edit: May 12, 2009 11:27:38 GMT by richardgary1223

newBookmarkLockedFalling