Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Jesse

Jesse Avatar
Just a mother doing graphic designing!

May 2007
Ok, this a is a simple gradient tut. I didn't know you needed two colors to make a gradient and I was goofing off when I found out how to make a gradient on GIMP, so here is my tut on it.

1)Open up GIMP if you don't already have it open and click new. Do 25x25 to start with.
2)Next you have to choice the two colors you want and fill half of it wit one and the other half with the other. I used the colors ff05df and 9e09a7 It should look like this:
You will also need to have it in spots that when you start up it's black on top of white.
3)Now you should go and click the gradient button which is located in the toolbox in between the paint bucket and pencil button. The gradient button would look like this:
4)Now click the the button that saids gradient next to it. Choice what still of of gradient you want. I choiced FG to BG (HSV counter clock-wise). The button will look like this:
5)Then you click from top to bottom(or bottom to to if you want it that way) to create the gradient. (If you want to do it side to side I suggest make the width as long as your boards width. So it would then be 700x25.) Your finish product should look like this:

I hope to see ya'lls finish product.
I don't do graphics anymore! Leave me alone about it!

newBookmarkLockedFalling