Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Um, yeah. :P Two new updates for all of you guys.

The first thing is a feature I've been planning for a while. I wanted it in with the initial release of the Achievements, but didn't get a chance. So, I present to you, the "Achievement Notifier!" Yes, I could get lamer. Anyways, this little feature checks every hour to see if you were awarded any new achievements: for example, hidden achievements or achievements the staff noticed you should have but don't.

The second thing is the Dev Board. In the past, the Dev Board was used for discussing our upcoming skins. That is no longer the case. The dev board is now used to discuss upcoming features and the implementation of these features. Hopefully this information will be nice for you guys. (Oh, and it already tells you another new feature we're working on. ;))

Enjoy these updates guys. :)

Jesse

Jesse Avatar
Just a mother doing graphic designing!

May 2007
What does implementation mean?
I don't do graphics anymore! Leave me alone about it!

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
It'll be discussion of the backend. Like how it was coded, added to the forum, and how it works. Just for the curious people. That has been a lasting trademark of the version dev blogs.. discussing why we did things how we did.

Jesse

Jesse Avatar
Just a mother doing graphic designing!

May 2007
Oh, ok. Thank you.
I don't do graphics anymore! Leave me alone about it!

Parker

Parker Avatar

February 2009
Sounds good! I like the new board

Spektral

Spektral Avatar

July 2009
Damnit Chris! Stop coding things before we do. You know how slow hp is haha.

Good shit man. And on PB.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Spektral Avatar

It's been planned since I originally planned achievements... but I also stole the ID from, you know, XBox Live and Steam and etc. :P

Spektral

Spektral Avatar

July 2009
Chris Avatar
Spektral Avatar

It's been planned since I originally planned achievements... but I also stole the ID from, you know, XBox Live and Steam and etc. :P

Nah it's all good, the way ours works is a lot differently (changed it up since the last time I showed you, had to make it unique).

I'm just amazed you made it work so well on ProBoards. It'd be cool if more were automated, but this is very nice as well.

Props to the coding king. :( <-- despite the sad face, he's clapping so nyeh

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Spektral Avatar
Chris Avatar

Nah it's all good, the way ours works is a lot differently (changed it up since the last time I showed you, had to make it unique).

I'm just amazed you made it work so well on ProBoards. It'd be cool if more were automated, but this is very nice as well.

I'm not surprised you changed it. It'd make sense to... considering your media changed because you're no longer a PB forum for TP. And it's impossible to automate them without someone being able to cheat somehow... which is why we do it manually. :P I'm writing a script to help though... which I'll talk about later.

Spektral

Spektral Avatar

July 2009
Chris Avatar
Spektral Avatar

I'm not surprised you changed it. It'd make sense to... considering your media changed because you're no longer a PB forum for TP. And it's impossible to automate them without someone being able to cheat somehow... which is why we do it manually. :P I'm writing a script to help though... which I'll talk about later.

Oh come on the only person on this forum who would take the time to figure out a way to cheat is me. :D

On a sidenote, you guys need a clapping smiley.

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Chris Avatar
Spektral Avatar

I can understand how annoying it is to manually monitor the achievements...>.< Have you recieved when v5 of PB is coming out so that you can code a PHP code to automatically monitor the achievements?
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Spek: Nah, HP would as well. :P

Joe: When PBv5 comes out? :P What difference will that make? There's no real difference. I've got a little GM script that'll help with handing out achievements... but I've gotta finish it first.

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Sweet updates the notifier is pretty cool. ;D

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Danke hotshot. :P

Parker

Parker Avatar