Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
... or a leaderboard of points. Probably in the view members area, a kinda 'sort-by-points' thing. To see where people stand in the point earning game lmao.

Parker

Parker Avatar

February 2009
Yeah I think that would be really wickwed actually :)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Awesome idea? Yes. Possible? Nope.

The points are stored in the custom title, not offsite in PHP. Since they aren't stored somewhere where I can access them, I can't do a sort by it. :(

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
Well, maybe you should do the points offsite in PHP, and iFrame it to the mini-profile? Probably not possible now 'cus transferring points of every member couldn't be automated unless you used a crawler?

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
JD Avatar
Well, maybe you should do the points offsite in PHP, and iFrame it to the mini-profile? Probably not possible now 'cus transferring points of every member couldn't be automated unless you used a crawler?

I think you answered your own question. :P

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
Just getting it clarified. Ah well, would have been cool.

Jesse

Jesse Avatar
Just a mother doing graphic designing!

May 2007
I have a question on this topic. You should still be able to do it, but put it in the info center. You have to update it when someone moves up or down, but that should work.
I don't do graphics anymore! Leave me alone about it!

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
Jesse Avatar
I have a question on this topic. You should still be able to do it, but put it in the info center. You have to update it when someone moves up or down, but that should work.

That would all be manual. The point of these systems is to be automatic and not require constant maintenance.

Jesse

Jesse Avatar

May 2007
I was just asking.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Well, yeah, manually is very possible. But I don't even know where to begin right now. There's some members with over 200 points that you haven't even seen post. :P

Jesse

Jesse Avatar

May 2007
:P I know. I look through the profiles from time to time to see who has the most points. lol. :P

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Chris Avatar
Well, yeah, manually is very possible. But I don't even know where to begin right now. There's some members with over 200 points that you haven't even seen post. :P

Wait....... I spend my points... wouldn't that make me a low scorer? Maybe you should have totals ever.....

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Quacker Jack Avatar
Chris Avatar

Wait....... I spend my points... wouldn't that make me a low scorer? Maybe you should have totals ever.....

That'd be even more difficult. :P At this point, I'd have to go back and calculate all the differences for every member.... not fun. And if we didn't do total earned, but did total having, no one would spend.
It's best to just leave the top tables to the top posters table.

Jesse

Jesse Avatar

May 2007
Chris Avatar
Quacker Jack Avatar

That'd be even more difficult. :P At this point, I'd have to go back and calculate all the differences for every member.... not fun. And if we didn't do total earned, but did total having, no one would spend.
It's best to just leave the top tables to the top posters table.

Not true for me. I save for what I want and then buy it. Which reminds me. No one has responded to what I want to buy.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I try to leave that for SO, but I may have to take care of them soon. <_<

newBookmarkLockedFalling