Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
On june 25, 2009, at about 2:25 local time(not our time), Michael Joseph Jackson, the King of Pop, was pronounced dead. He had collapsed at his rented mansion at 100 North Carolwood Drive in the Holmby Hills area of Los Angeles, and while paramedics tried to save him, their attempts were unsuccessful. By the time the paramedics got their, he was already in cardiac arrest. Michael was 50.

When the public learned of the possibility of his death(before he even died), there was a slight chaos as everyone was trying to figure out if it was a joke, a publicity stunt, if it was not as bad as the media was saying, or if Michael was actually going to die. Everywhere I went, people were talking about it. I left my computer for about 5 minutes, and when I came back, there was 5+ people IMing me about it. Everyone wanted to know if the King of Pop was really going to die.

The internet was quite literately slammed by people wanting to know what was happening. Google mistook the sudden spike in searches for michael jackson as a automated attack. RJ Pittman, director of product management, explained that search volume began to increase around 2pm PDT on Thursday and ‘skyrocketed’ by 3pm, finally stabilizing at around 8pm. Google wasn't the only one slammed with traffic however. The Los Angeles Times web site also crashed soon after it broke the news of Jackson’s death not to mention twitter's servers crashed as 66,000 Tweets were made within a 60-minute period.

The facebook fan page for Michael jackson saw a HUGE increase in traffic, at one point attracting around 20 fans a second.

RIP Michael Jackson.

Its amazing how the death of a single person can trigger such a response. Yes, he was famous and a musical genius, but think about this. Every minute, about 108 people die, and according to The Hunger Project 24 of those people starve to death every minute, 18 of them children. Instead of telling you my conclusion, I'll let you make your own.

Last Edit: Jun 30, 2009 14:43:51 GMT by Andrew McGivery
k

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
Using a celebrity's death as a catalyst for an anti-hunger protest. What a leap. 0.o

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
:P I didn't actually mean to originally. It just kinda happened.
k

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
It's bullshit that the old Motown recording studio here in Detroit is completely covered in flowers. Seriously... I live just outside Detroit. Our unemployment is at 13.9% and Chrysler and GM are closing more and more plants every day. We could hit 16-17% before this levels off and yet we have people spending money on flowers for someone that they have never once met. For someone who, unless you happen to be a 9 year old boy, doesn't even care that you exist. Seriously. What. The. Fuck.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
Aww, but that's the best part. "All your flowers arrive at once--too late."

Last Edit: Jun 30, 2009 6:15:17 GMT by Aaron

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
2005?

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
yea. I screwed up the date. shap. :P
k

Hethusist

Hethusist Avatar
Justin is a poser! =P

Official Member

May 2009
Josh Avatar
It's bullshit that the old Motown recording studio here in Detroit is completely covered in flowers. Seriously... I live just outside Detroit. Our unemployment is at 13.9% and Chrysler and GM are closing more and more plants every day. We could hit 16-17% before this levels off and yet we have people spending money on flowers for someone that they have never once met. For someone who, unless you happen to be a 9 year old boy, doesn't even care that you exist. Seriously. What. The. Fuck.

Holy shit, flowers? In Detroit? Why wasn't I informed?

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
The funniest part of this whole thing (him dieing) is the simple fact that, when he was alive, no one really gave a shit. Noone bought his stuff: noone went to his auction he held to try get money. His singles/albums (w.e) didn't sell, yet now, weeheeey! They have all sold.

Why? Because they miss him and wanna listen to his music? Nope. Simply because "they may be worth money one day".

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
Like I said on facebook,

"If you have a band and want it to get famous, die."

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
It's the same with many artists though, it's stupid.
I know it's the fact that they wont be able to make more so everything is kind of limited editions, however, how many of his albums etc were made? Millions. It's stupid.

Elemental M

Elemental M Avatar

Official Member

July 2009
But of least he's getting buried in style, a solid gold coffin.

Skittle Bug ;

Skittle Bug ; Avatar
I can't grant your every wish.

July 2009
I know his death is "tragic" and all, but seriously, why are they still talking about it? Move on, people, geez. >.<

^*cough* I love your avatar, Elemental Muse.
With a thousand lies, and a good disguise...
Hit em right between the eyes,
Hit em right between the eyes.
[/center]

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
I still see this on news.... it was a sad death, but after a week or two, let's move on now? Well, media can 't that's for sure. :P

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Dude you fuckin just fuckin contributed to it by fuckin bumping this fuckin thread, idiot.

fuckin.

Last Edit: Aug 17, 2009 3:21:34 GMT by Andrew McGivery
k

newBookmarkLockedFalling