Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Algorithm Junky Logo Contest

The Task:
Design a logo for the website "Algorithm Junky."

Details:
Algorithm Junky is a programming focused website, so make the logo fit accordingly, or just be cool enough to not matter. Think of the web when designing this, a layout will have to go with the logo. There is also a good chance that the logo will printed on business cards, so make sure it's suitable for a variety of mediums.

If you have any questions or need more details, post here or send me a PM. If it's something that everyone should know, I'll add it here.

The Rules:
-The logo can be just the name (in a fancy fashion of course), an icon/symbol, or a mascot.
-No matter which type you do, include the text Algorithm Junky as you would envision it, because when it's used it will have to have the text alongside it anyways.
-A limit to two entries per person. Send your entries to me via PM. If you want to change out an entry, send me another entry with the replacement and the one you want to replace.
-Different colors of the same logo do not count toward your limit.
-Large format is preferred, so that it can be used in many different places. (min 500x500).

Due Date: 7/31/2009

Prizes:
1st Place: $75 and 100 SZ Points

2nd Place: $25 and 75 SZ Points

3rd Place: 50 SZ Points

(Notes: one person cannot win multiple prizes. Money will be paid via Paypal, Check, or Money Order depending on request)

Last Edit: Jul 31, 2009 20:33:39 GMT by Eric

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Two Questions..... one, I can't receive money via paypal due to age, so could we negociate, like, etc. some free major coding projects, since you are requesting a programming forum, or like a lot more SZ points? Two, appx. size of logo would help.

Last Edit: Jun 30, 2009 0:20:43 GMT by Quacker Jack

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Check and money orders can be sent through the mail if that works, but if that doesn't then yes, coding could be substituted, I'd have to talk to Chris about a trade-value for the cash though. I updated with the minimum size (500x500)

iDesign

iDesign Avatar
No Cookie For Guessing Hobby.

ProNation

April 2009
I'm in, should have something within two weeks. :)

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
Can I have the link to the place/forum/site? :D

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Yeah, I second that request from Wrighty.
I've a few idea's in mind for this already. =)

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005

iDesign

iDesign Avatar
No Cookie For Guessing Hobby.

ProNation

April 2009
And I'm correct in saying that you'll design a new theme based on our logos?

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
iDesign Avatar
And I'm correct in saying that you'll design a new theme based on our logos?
Yes, that or run a new contest.

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
In which case the logo designer would most likely win because he/she knows logo best and what will go with it? :P But I will take it. :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Eric, would they be able to submit the same logo in multiple colors at no penalty to the two entries part?

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Chris Avatar
Eric, would they be able to submit the same logo in multiple colors at no penalty to the two entries part?
Yes. I'll add that to the top.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Chris Avatar

Good stinkin' Christopher :-X

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Stinky666 Avatar
Chris Avatar

Good stinkin' Christopher :-X

I do my best to help everyone. :) :P

Oracle

Oracle Avatar

Dedicated Member

September 2006
Wow, I randomly check SZ out and see this.

I SHALL ENTER! Hopefully. :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling