Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Some way to make it easier to tell if you've gotten new PMs.

Several possibilities:
-Different color for New PM count when greater than 0.
-Sort of like the message that shows up when you unlock achievements, except for messages.
-Make viewing computer explode.

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
Eric Avatar
-Make viewing computer explode.

This

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I like the last one, but I don't want any lawsuits. :(

Dunno about the others... but we'll get something eventually. There's also the built in PB feature of an alert on a new PM. :P

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Chris Avatar

Dunno about the others... but we'll get something eventually. There's also the built in PB feature of an alert on a new PM. :P
Seriously, you want me to use PB functionality?

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Eric Avatar
Chris Avatar

Seriously, you want me to use PB functionality?

yep. :P Doesn't lag anything as much as additional code would.

Jesse

Jesse Avatar
Just a mother doing graphic designing!

May 2007
You can get a pop up window that tells you when you have a new PM by going to your Preferences. It's not like the one for the awards. It's like the ones that you get for an alert when your about to enter a website that is block due to having stuff that installs into your computer.
I don't do graphics anymore! Leave me alone about it!

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Jesse Avatar
You can get a pop up window that tells you when you have a new PM by going to your Preferences. It's not like the one for the awards. It's like the ones that you get for an alert when your about to enter a website that is block due to having stuff that installs into your computer.
Yeah, I know. I was hoping for something a bit less invasive.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Should do it the way Facebook does updates when you are on their site. Shows you that little blue box for 20 seconds and then it disappears. Works well there, why not here? Not super invasive and it goes away after a short period if you don't click the x. OF course... problem there would be that it would probably show up after every reload which is hardly practical. So... disregard everything I just said. :P

Jesse

Jesse Avatar

May 2007
Eric Avatar
Jesse Avatar
Yeah, I know. I was hoping for something a bit less invasive.

Oh, ok.

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
A toolbar at the fixed at the bottom of SZ would be pretty sweet. 'Could contain this.

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
Chris - Make PM Notifier like the achieieieievement one! :)

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Or we could stop being lazy? lol..

I can tell just fine when I get a pm you just gotta look at the pm bar not that hard.. It is at the top of the page...

If you were Fredy or something I would have been like why even bother suggesting this, its not like anyone pms you, but your not so =(.

Jesse

Jesse Avatar

May 2007
Hotshot Avatar

I can tell just fine when I get a pm you just gotta look at the pm bar not that hard.. It is at the top of the page...

If you were Fredy or something I would have been like why even bother suggesting this, its not like anyone pms you, but your not so =(.

I PM Fredy every now in then. :P

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Hotshot Avatar

You clearly do not understand programmers.

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Eric Avatar
Hotshot Avatar

You clearly do not understand programmers.

I understand your desire to improve the way working things already work and make them better in a sense. However as Chris said it would just slow things down and it isn't that hard to look at the bar lol.

newBookmarkLockedFalling