Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Today, after a long while of hard work and last minute changes, I'm pleased to announce Studio Zero v3: Not Ever Coming some new, huge changes! :) I'll give you guys a brief rundown of the updates before going into details:
- Achievement Pack 7 released
- SZ's coding optimized, once again
- Two new contests
- Update to the points system
- Shop overhaul (including member group changes)

As you can see, not everything is coding related like my usual post... but all the changes are a big deal. :) So, details, details details...

Achievement Pack 7 Released
Well, I kept telling you guys over and over again we were working on making it easier to earn points... and to help out, here's another achievement pack. :)
Achievement Pack 7: Back to the Basics
(10 points per item; 50 for completion)

1. [Staff Approval] — Have 5 different staff members post in a single thread that you created
2. [Best. Topic. Ever.] — Post 15 replies in a single thread. (Original post does not count)
3. [Peer Approval] — Receive 25 karma
4. [Consolation Prize] — Participate in a contest on the Studio, but don't win
5. — Join a custom member group. ("Staff" counts as a group)

Coding Optimization
Well, SZ's coding was never overly slow... but I finally decided it was time for a -complete- overhaul of the system. I recoded quite a bit of the base coding and then made updates to the hosted files. I didn't actually recode the hosted files... I just made them work better with the global source code. This is all part of my attempts to make the SZ coding more efficient.

Oh, and GZIP compression is back. Coding should at least download ten times faster. :)

Two New Contests
We've got two new contests. The first, is a rehash of an old, unofficial contest we ran: Guess The Image. It's brand new and already in the second round. =o Go play before it ends.

The next contest is one with a CASH prize. This contest is put on by Eric. I'd go enter... it can't hurt since the prize is cold, hard cash. ;)

Lastly, don't forget to participate in our currently running contests... It'll help you get that new achievement. ;)
- Caption Contest #8
- Hangman Challenge #2
- You Searched WHAT?! #4
- Guess That Font #1

Points System Updates
After much discussion of the easiest way to make points easier to get, the staff has decided that we will award points for posting.

Woah. I know, right? Don't go running off to spam however though... It's not a massive amount of points per post. We looked at the current amount of points people had, and we decided that .1 points per post would be too little, but 1.5 would be slightly too high. The compromise? .1337 points per post. It'll help even out the shop prices we believe.

Oh, and we -may- have added a top point earners page. May have.

A big thanks to Ben for helping out with some coding involved in this when I didn't have time. (That, and he knows more about GD than I do. :P) Thanks to him also for the achievements icons... once again.

Shop Overhaul and Member Groups Updates
The shop needed an overhaul and cleanup after it sprang to 15 pages... so I figured, why not right now? You know, while I'm updating everything else. Go check it out. Also, it discusses the member group rules and clarifications I promised a few weeks ago. :) (This also means that anyone who wanted something to do with member groups, go request again.)

Enjoy this massive update guys. ;) There's more to come.

P.S. I lied. Everything in this update had some coding related to it.

Last Edit: Jul 2, 2009 6:52:29 GMT by Chris

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Chris Avatar
P.S. I lied. Everything in this update had some coding related to it.

... How dare you lie to us!

Anyway, hopefully you guys enjoy all this! Go earn some achievements. It's really not that hard to get a lot (if not most) of them!
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
What ever happened to me working my black magic on your forum coding? =o

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
You're right, you don't have a top points earners list! :P

newfieldgrafix
.1337 points, very "leet"...

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
Achievements are no longer showing ???

Edit: Ho shit, I see why this update was needed, you just couldn't take being second in points.

Last Edit: Jul 2, 2009 10:21:14 GMT by JD

Jake

Jake Avatar

ProNation

December 2005
JD Avatar
Achievements are no longer showing ???
I made a thread about it, so let's see what happens.

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
Theres a missing / in the URL to the top points script :P

Should be sz-ex.com/coding/toppoints.php not sz-ex.com/codingtoppoints.php

Same with the profile page.

Should be sz-ex.com/achievements/achievements2.js not sz-ex.com/achievementsachievements2.js

Last Edit: Jul 2, 2009 13:27:40 GMT by Simie

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Should this page actually work?
forum.sz-ex.com/index.cgi?action=members&view=points

If yes, it doesn't for me.
Opera. Module.

Last Edit: Jul 2, 2009 14:29:00 GMT by Stinky666

~Memzak~

~Memzak~ Avatar
Inquire never, so always need elephants.

May 2009
WOW, alot of work, this is exciting...

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
It doesn't work, Stinky, because of the coding error pointed out by simie.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Damn it. <.< It's because I made a last second edit to make it load for everyone instead of me and the beta users, and apparently that broke it.

Fixed now. :)

Edit: Also, I forgot to mention there were also some other changes made... I just didn't mention them and they aren't implemented on every skin yet. But, basically, I'm going to stop the announcements/contests table from loading on every page and instead it'll load on the main page.

Also, I've removed the sub-boards listing from the archive board in v1. I need to port this mod to the other skins still though.

Aaron: You never got to it. :(

Last Edit: Jul 2, 2009 15:12:30 GMT by Chris

Jesse

Jesse Avatar
Just a mother doing graphic designing!

May 2007
Hey, I have 212 points and not 210. lol. :P It's looking nice, Chris. Also I think I already have three of the new achievement unless older post and stuff like that don't count.
I don't do graphics anymore! Leave me alone about it!

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
Yea, Chris - you wanna check through who has those new achievements, I know I have at least 1 :P

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
Also The top points list lies on how many points I has. I have 5 more! ><

newBookmarkLockedFalling