Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newPollBookmarkLockedFalling

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Novice = You're new to the design scene, basically, and are still new to the tools and everything else.

Moderate = You've learnt most tools, but you possibly stick to one or two styles of art mostly. You have a small understanding of depth, composition etc.

Intermediate = You're by far much more comfortable with the software and tools you use. You have a great understanding of how to do many things when you look at a piece of art. You're starting to try find your own style, but aren't quite there, but you have learnt quite a lot of different styles.

Semi-Pro = You've got a great great understanding of most things; tools and styles. You are now fluent in your own style. You can easily add depth, the correct lighting, colouring, and much more.

Pro = Many people know who you are because you're work is very original, and you have more than one style of your own that you pwn at. You understand everything and when someone asks for help, you tell them to F.O (all Pro's do :P).

Possibly also tell me what type of tutorials and/or PSD's you'd prefer:
  • Tags? LP's?
  • Smudge? Mostly C4D usage? Other?
  • Abstract (shapes)? Real life people? Vehicles? Anime? Other?
  • Stocks? Cut-Outs (Aka. Renders)

Stuff like that.
It'd help me greatly when buying tutorials and PSD's for Posting Rights or Full Rights, to share with you all.
My explanations of the 'ranks' - Novice, Moderate etc. - are probably really crappy and slightly wrong, but I think most would know which each rank can do.

Votes AND replies are appreciated.

~ Thankies.

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
I'm working my way up to semi-pro in the design world. I could robably follow along with anything you put up though. :)

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Who voted Semi-Pro?
I dont mind, it'd just be nice to know xD

newfieldgrafix
Well, I'm the second to hit the semi-pro option, not for graphics per sé, but more for polyography and wire framing, such as High-pass 3D work

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
To be honest, I have no clue what either of those are.
What are they?

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
I voted Intermediate, though I am inbetween Moderate and Intermediate.

I don't do C4D Really. Nor Renders and Stocks. I like purely designing things, no images, etc. BTW, not that big on Anime.

newfieldgrafix
Stinky666 Avatar
To be honest, I have no clue what either of those are.
What are they?

Polyography (Sometimes referred to as Polygraphy - but that's a lie detector)

And a High Pass 3D render is the rendered image with life-like reflections, realtime rendering and at least 8x anti aliasing, 3D texturing with light maps etc. often used in modern games.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Ahh. Never heard the latter referred to that before, that's all.
What do you use, Blender?

I do all my C4D's at Min: 4x4 and Max: 8x8
The life-like reflections are used on many other things other than games though, look on devART, everyone that's somewhat good with C4D, 3DS etc. use it. Helps severely when it comes to compositing.

newfieldgrafix
I used to use blender, but ATM, I'm not using anything; I lost a lot of files after my network crash, so I'm reinstalling the usual, I might omit Blender (the MAX, OBJ and other conversion seems to be off a little). I mainly use Unreal Ed; since it's game design and level editing, I mainly do. I know what you mean by reflections being used in other applications, it's just that gaming seems to best describe it as the camera (your player) moves and forces a rerender - If you can understand my crap terminology...

newPollBookmarkLockedFalling