Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Ok everyone, here are the results.

First Place:
Oracle

My main reason for choosing this logo idea is that it works well on a business card and many other mediums. It's simple, not overly complicated. The arrow is a little bit vague (without the description that it represents going from step of the algorithm to the next), but some logos have absolutely no meaning whatsoever, so it wasn't too big of a deal.

Second Place:
iDesign

The whole concept and mascot are all great, but the deciding factor was ultimately usage on different mediums. The idea was really amazing and the mascot is awesome. I really like the idea.

Third Place:
Conor

Although very basic, the combination of the letters was clever. The choice of font for the text was also very "algorithmy" (to steal a word from Chris). This logo alo would have worked on a variety of mediums, which is good.

Other Entries:
Quacker Jack

The concept was really good, really tech, really smooth. The shading and lighting was very detailed and nice. I liked this entry, but unfortunately I couldn't see it in any other way besides on the web in a banner. This was my favorite color option, just so you know, so that's why I displayed this one.

Justin =)

The grunge certainly matched the junky part of the name, but the element of "algorithm" was lacking from this entry. The alternation of colors was nice.

For first and second, please contact me about prizes. Chris should have assigned points.

iDesign

iDesign Avatar
No Cookie For Guessing Hobby.

ProNation

April 2009
Awesome! Well done Oracle, and everybody else who entered. :)

Will PM you now.

Oracle

Oracle Avatar

Dedicated Member

September 2006
Oh wow, didn't expect this. o__O

Nice entries everyone, I especially liked the one by Quacker Jack, you obviously have an eye for logo's since I love the logo you made in your avatar + the entry. :)

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
Sweet! I didn't expect third place. :D

Thanks Eric. 8-)

You know you could use all of the ones you liked somewhere on the forum. Like, maybe use mine on a search page, or iDesign's on something else. Of course Oracle's would be the main though.

I also just realized iD used the same font for his text that I did for the big letters in mine. lol

Last Edit: Aug 3, 2009 13:02:11 GMT by Conor

Justin

Justin Avatar
:)

July 2009
oh well i tried :P

Congratz oracle =)
My signature
[/left][/i][/size]

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
All points and achievements have now been handed out as well. :) Congrats to everyone. I admit Eric was right when he said all the entries were good.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
'Grats everyone =D

ashkir

ashkir Avatar

Official Member

September 2005
Whoa. That design, even though massive looks beautiful. Just simply stunning to the eye. A well deserved win sir! Well deserved!

The other entries were very sweet as well.

Lots of talent, and congratulations to you winners. You're all winners anyway cause of the Consolation Prize. xD.
zomg avatar movie trailer wtf?

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
I do have to say, all the entries submitted are excellent. :) I'd have the same hard time to decide between the two if I were in Eric's shoes.
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Congrats to the orasex cookie :D

newBookmarkLockedFalling