Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
after some discussion between members and staff, the following rule has been added.

Post Quality
As a general rule, try and keep your posts to at least 10 words. If you are going to "quote to agree", you MUST add something to the topic, not just quote. "lol", "ha", "*facepalm*" ect are spam posts. Add something to your post. Also, when creating new topics, think to yourself, will this create discussion? If not, you probably shouldn't post it.

We are going to aim for more quality in Studio Zero's posts from now on, and myself and the rest of the staff will start moderating accordingly.

If you have any concerns, feel free to post or pm myself, depending on if you want to keep it personal or not.

Last Edit: Aug 19, 2009 3:31:18 GMT by Andrew McGivery
k

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
It seems like the sun has just started to shine from through the clouds and the angels are singing hallelujah. :D

Yay for crackin' down on noob posts.

Last Edit: Aug 19, 2009 3:36:11 GMT by Hotshot

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
Thanks Fredy & Staff :)

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
lol :P

We have all failed...for the last time. (Thought I'd better add something other than just "lol" or Freddy's going go on a power-rampage)

Last Edit: Aug 19, 2009 9:28:14 GMT by Xylish
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Xylish Avatar
lol :P

We have all failed...for the last time. (Thought I'd better add something other than just "lol" or Freddy's going go on a power-rampage)

When I first read this, I thought it said "Or Fredy's going to go power-ranger"

I lol'd.

But anyway, nice rule, it's definitely needed.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
I suppose its about time I start doing my job. :P
k

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
It's funny 'cause we used to have these rules but removed them after discussion with Scorp. Hmm.... :P

Also, posting a post that just contains a large image (with a few exceptions, such as "post your desktop/picture" or "post a funny picture") will typically be looked at as spamming.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Chris Avatar
It's funny 'cause we used to have these rules but removed them after discussion with Scorp. Hmm.... :P

Also, posting a post that just contains a large image (with a few exceptions, such as "post your desktop/picture" or "post a funny picture") will typically be looked at as spamming.
A picture is worth a thousand words...

Just for the record, I'm not a fan of the crack down.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
Nah, nah. See, when they say quality, they mean you gotta put in the effort to articulate what you gone say. A picture means you aren't tryin' hard enough.

And c'mon. Internets is serious business. Wouldn't make any sense if all the good stuff was to confined debates or articles. You're thinkin' too casual. Every post should be a mini-blog about your experience with the topic.

Last Edit: Aug 19, 2009 23:32:24 GMT by Aaron

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Aaron Avatar
Nah, nah. See, when they say quality, they mean you gotta put in the effort to articulate what you gone say. A picture means you aren't tryin' hard enough.

And c'mon. Internets is serious business. Wouldn't make any sense if all the good stuff was to confined debates or articles. You're thinkin' too casual. Every post should be a mini-blog about your experience with the topic.

I would have just quoted that, but that would be spamming.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Guys, everyone is human. We all "spam" and I think even the staff realize that. What this crackdown is aimed at is a few select members who are seemingly incapable of anything but spam, or do it to the point of annoyance of everyone else.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
If that were the case, we wouldn't be putting any emphasis on it. The staff do well enough to monitor annoyances. Asking them to step up their game is asking them to be strict in an area where there's never been a serious problem (Wrighty even admitted he was just blowing hot air). The few members I saw sincerely worried about it were staff ('cause it's their job) and persons a little too eager to start a mini revolution every chance they get (welcome to the world of forum points and achievement whores). It was all hype, little concern.

And as for annoyance, i'd focus a little more on attitude than "lol" posts. Harassment more than anything has been a growing trend around here. jackattack's getting the living hell badgered out of him and he's just the current forum b***h (for lack of better terms).

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Yeah, I know exactly what you're saying. And again, I think MOST of the staff are competent enough to know the difference between a sincere "lol" post and spam. I mean, I would never condone "lol" posts, but anyone who has been here long enough knows how much I double post. And I get away with it because there's always a reason. Same goes for pictures, short posts, and whatnot. It's just that some members are getting out of control. Jack being one of them, but I do agree that people need to learn to have some respect.

I think what SHOULD be done is that attention should be brought to this issue (as it has). I don't necessarily think we should have a formal crackdown of sorts. I simply think that people need to be more conscientious of their posts. And if someone isn't, POLITELY remind them of the rules. That doesn't mean you can't be firm with them, but you don't have to be a dick about it. If it's actually being a problem, say something. Just because someone breaks the rules doesn't really mean it's bad. Most of these are guidelines so people don't go crazy with spam. It's only spam when it's repetitious and in some cases, it is. I do think people are making a bigger deal out of it than they should be, but things are a bit more casual than they used to be last time I was here. More than it should be, anyway.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
I was never planning to crack my whip like a power hungry bitch, but more to push the posts in a more constructive direction, instead of every god damn post being "lol I rickrolled you!"
k

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
Wasn't speaking of what you're planning. Was speaking of what i've seen.

newBookmarkLockedFalling