Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Andrew McGivery Avatar
I was never planning to crack my whip like a power hungry bitch, but more to push the posts in a more constructive direction, instead of every god damn post being "lol I rickrolled you!"

damn.. I still have to get that achievement.. and the annoy fredy achievement..

Two birds one stone? I'll go make the thread now? :D - lmfao

newfieldgrafix
I'lljoinyou

Parker

Parker Avatar

February 2009
I somehow got the anoyy Fredy one...forgot how I did now but anyways Zell Denver

newfieldgrafix Avatar
Aug 20, 2009 12:30:37 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
I'lljoinyou

I think this ^^ Is what there talking about :P

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
newfieldgrafix Avatar
I'lljoinyou

are you serious? You posted THAT in the thread that introduces the rule against doing THAT?!
k

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Andrew McGivery Avatar
newfieldgrafix Avatar
I'lljoinyou

are you serious? You posted THAT in the thread that introduces the rule against doing THAT?!

Ever think he might be trying to lighten the mood?

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
I didn't think that the mood was darkened! >.<

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Chris Avatar
Andrew McGivery Avatar

Ever think he might be trying to lighten the mood?

I don't think. It gets in the way of important stuff.
k

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Watch me get a warning without knowing it......

errm, I will try to get better...... I got a BIG feeling this rule was made because of how I am......... :P

richardgary1223
I did that actually. Lazy me.. :P

newfieldgrafix
I was trying to lighten the mood with a contradictory comment, but as to the topic:

I agree with the post quality idea, I always try to make most of my posts mean something. But, sometimes; the best response to a long-winded boring news post is: "lolwut".

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
And this rule was never in place from the beginning because...? I personally am all for it, but then again, I'm used to rules like that because pretty much all of the sites I belong to are writing sites or roleplay sites. Of course, on sites like those you kind of have to have rules like that, but you still have people that can be really annoying in their posts, people that think they can still be literate if they're illiterate on purpose.

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Aryna Avatar
And this rule was never in place from the beginning because...? I personally am all for it, but then again, I'm used to rules like that because pretty much all of the sites I belong to are writing sites or roleplay sites. Of course, on sites like those you kind of have to have rules like that, but you still have people that can be really annoying in their posts, people that think they can still be literate if they're illiterate on purpose.

There was a rule like this in the first place and it was removed because it seemed like there wasn't a need for it or something I guess and some members didn't like it or whatnot. So it was removed for a time being and we were fine with things like "lolwut" from time to time till every thread and post was a "lolwut" so to speak. :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Hotshot Avatar
Aryna Avatar

There was a rule like this in the first place and it was removed because it seemed like there wasn't a need for it or something I guess and some members didn't like it or whatnot. So it was removed for a time being and we were fine with things like "lolwut" from time to time till every thread and post was a "lolwut" so to speak. :P

More or less. Basically, it had been there since SZ's opening about.... 4 years ago? And then we removed it about 9 months-1 year ago. We did this because we didn't want to be too restrictive... we wanted our members to able to relax and have some fun. Unfortunately, it got too lax, to the point of spam.

Silent

Silent Avatar

Dedicated Member

September 2009
Whoa..this is something I must use for my forum. I have a lot of users posting nothing but "lol", "Ok", etc. Gets annoying.

newfieldgrafix
Silent Avatar
Whoa..this is something I must use for my forum. I have a lot of users posting nothing but "lol", "Ok", etc. Gets annoying.

It's funny really; you never seem to action it until someone points it out. I've yet to do it on my forums, but with double posting, bumping, reviving old topics and one word replies, I think I might just do it.

newBookmarkLockedFalling