Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
"Follow effective action with quiet reflection. From the quiet reflection will come even more effective action." - Peter Drucker

Good quote for the fight on spam. :D

Last Edit: Sept 11, 2009 5:29:54 GMT by Hotshot

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Except when it's too quiet and everyone stops posting. :P

~Memzak~

~Memzak~ Avatar
Inquire never, so always need elephants.

May 2009
I love this rule and I wanted to implement it on another fourms I was on... but it was voted against because they say that if you agree with a topic there is nothing more to say and so they will spam another 9 - 5 words to meet the 10 word requirement....

I'm totally for this rule, I love it.... but what I said above could prove a bit problematic...

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
~Memzak~ Avatar
I love this rule and I wanted to implement it on another fourms I was on... but it was voted against because they say that if you agree with a topic there is nothing more to say and so they will spam another 9 - 5 words to meet the 10 word requirement....

I'm totally for this rule, I love it.... but what I said above could prove a bit problematic...

There's tons of ways to add 5-9 more words without spamming though. :P I just did it. I could have said "That's not true" or something. There's always ways to legitimately lengthen a post.

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
xmsteel Avatar
What if someone simply posts a yes or no question though?

Then I shalt count to three, no more, no less. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe (the poster of the question), who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
xmsteel Avatar
What if someone simply posts a yes or no question though?

Please give me a yes or no question that can not have elaboration added. If that's the case, then so be it and I will allow it. :P

newfieldgrafix
Can 2 be divided by 1?

But in saying that, I believe that I just made your point.

Currently, I don't think that there is an issue with post quality at the minute. It seems that; at present, any topic can grow into a discussion and have a pretty good quality from top to bottom. Sure, you get the odd spam post, but they're dealt with speedily.

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Oct 13, 2009 8:19:14 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Can 2 be divided by 1?

Yes, because one goes into two twice!

:P
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
You kinda did prove it, but didn't. :P Either way, it's possible to add some elaboration. And if you look around, we're not overly strict on this. For example, intro threads... they're still fine to have something like "Welcome to the Studio!" as your entire post. And they also get a bit spammy. Recently Wrighty and I had a miniature spam war there, which should be proof enough it isn't too strictly enforced.

newfieldgrafix
you did have a spam fest, and completely missed my subltl hints... But as you said, it's not an issue really at the minute (I think that's what you meant). Everybody seems to be using their discretion for the most part.

newBookmarkLockedFalling