Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

starlitforest

starlitforest Avatar

September 2009
Most people recommend Paint.NET for me, but I'm a Mac user, and that doesn't work for me. For some reason GIMP won't open on me >.> are there any other free graphic programs for Mac? Just throwing this out there.

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Would you prefer online or downloadable graphic stuff?

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
GIMP should work. I had it installed and working on Leopard. It might not be compatible with Snow Leopard yet if you are running that.

Alternatively, I would like to suggest Pixelmator. It's a trimmed down version of Photoshop. Still very powerful and able to do most things that Photoshop can. It's built specifically for the Mac platform and I personally quite like the HUD interface. It's not free though. It was $70 back when I bought it. Not sure what it is now. (It was a waste of money for me since I design exclusively in Photoshop really)

Of course, you could always just go with Photoshop. CS3 and CS4 have no problems at all with Snow Leopard and there isn't any 2D work you could think of that you can't do with Photoshop. Some things are better left for other applications (Vector work should be done in Illustrator, animation in Flash, and Magazine design in InDesign) but Photoshop is still able to do it all. Only problem is that it isn't exactly cheap, you know?

newBookmarkLockedFalling