Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
Go suggest now.

So what is this suggest a domain page?
Well, in development for some time now is a brand new forum provider, and we want your ideas on what to call it, so we've set up this little page to hear what you have to say. To us, the community is the most important thing we consider whilst tailoring the forum, so we want a name you'll remember and like.

So, what do I get in return?
Obviously we aren't going to reward you with nothing. If your suggestion makes the top three, you'll recieve a bonus package/prize for your contribution.

What will I win?
At the moment, for the top three suggestions, the prizes stand at;
First Place;
Opportunity to Beta test when we reach the 70% completion mark, 3 permanently ad-free forums
Second Place;
Opportunity to Beta test when we reach the 85% completion mark, 2 permanently ad-free forums
Third Place;
Opportunity to Beta test when we reach the 100% completion mark, 1 permanently ad-free forum

Go suggest now.

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Meh, I'm developing my own forum system so the only domain name I can think of is the one I already have.

Good luck with finding one though! It's definitely a hard decision to make.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
I guess the wFactor didn't help him take over the world. Maybe this will?

Jesse

Jesse Avatar
Just a mother doing graphic designing!

May 2007
I gave a suggestion, but I think it is stupid. I also put my name as Jessie instead of Jesse. lol.
I don't do graphics anymore! Leave me alone about it!

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I suggested weSPEAK. weSPEAK.com isn't available from what I can tell, though. Perhaps something other than a .com? I really like weSPEAK, to be hoenst... lol

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
I like that one Josh..... goDaddy offers it.

I personally had some dumb ones and some I thought alright ones..... my favorite was "CanDo".

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
Benjamin Avatar
Good luck with finding one though! It's definitely a hard decision to make.

Cheers! It definitely is a tough one.

Some excellent suggestions so far! Can't wait to hear some more!

Josh Avatar
I suggested weSPEAK. weSPEAK.com isn't available from what I can tell, though. Perhaps something other than a .com? I really like weSPEAK, to be hoenst... lol

It has to be a .com really. I do like it alot though, try and think of some variations whilst I check out the site that's parked on it :D

Last Edit: Sept 30, 2009 16:44:02 GMT by JD

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I'm just going to post my ideas on here. I'm not going to take the time to use the form for these variations unless you want me to. Out of curiosity, how far along are you with this?

letsSPEAK.com or letSPEAK.com (Both pronounced "Let's Speak")
wewillSPEAK.com
speaktous.com (Sounds like a sex chat site. haha)
weTALK.com
weSPEAKforums.com
wSpeak.com
WintelMcGintey.com (Personal favorite for sure)
myWORDS.com
weSAY.com or weSAYS.com

I would still take weSPEAK.com over any of these any day of the week but there are some there with potential, specifically WintelMcGintey.com. *nods* :D

Last Edit: Sept 30, 2009 17:06:18 GMT by Josh

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
That's a really good list there. Do you mind if I take a few and throw them into the system? Just a way for me to keep on top of them :D

In terms of how far along we are, I really want to answer without indicating features, so i'll ne nice and vague. All the basic forum requirements that you'd expect from a forum are up and running, including domain registration - but the small, exciting (mostly unique) features are yet to be completed, but the majority is complete. Small stuff (such as enabling ubbc/bb) still needs some work, but the foundation is there.

Going good :D

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Yeah, go ahead. As long as I win the prize if it is chosen, feel free to enter them into the system. lol.

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
Yep, prize is still yours if they're selected :D

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
A week left on this one :D

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Josh, love weSPEAK. To bad there is no wespeak.com available. That is truly an awesome name.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Did you ever choose a name?

newBookmarkLockedFalling