Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Luke

Luke Avatar

August 2005
I dont like it at all...Moose left, I don't know who else left. I cant belive this is happening, I left, being grouned that is, then, bam, I come back, and its a desaster. Going to have a talk with Tom. What do you guys thing about this?

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
Personally, I think the move was great. I mean, it's no use lingering around proboards much longer as the proboards support have their own design boards..and they already provide codes and graphics for those people...(they call those requested graphics...graphics?)

Spektral

Spektral Avatar

July 2009
Thanks for bringing that up here. Jeez. Everyone knows the place is crud.

Popo, they moved, but they assigned crap staff that are about as worthless as a bag of cow manure in a desert. Their good staff ditched them. The good members ditched them.

The only two good people on the forum there are:

sky.strife
Anachronism

Everyone else stinks.

Last Edit: Sept 24, 2005 22:22:29 GMT by Spektral

Luke

Luke Avatar

August 2005
braxis said:
Thanks for bringing that up here. Jeez. Everyone knows the place is crud.

Popo, they moved, but they assigned crap staff that are about as worthless as a bag of cow manure in a desert. Their good staff ditched them. The good members ditched them.

The only two good people on the forum there are:

sky.strife
Anachronism

Everyone else stinks.

Now your talking the turth poyo, I hope all that left like forms a new forum and totaly out dose Z .... grrr C.

nooki

nooki Avatar

July 2006
admin said:
Personally, I think the move was great. I mean, it's no use lingering around proboards much longer as the proboards support have their own design boards..and they already provide codes and graphics for those people...(they call those requested graphics...graphics?)

Yea I agree.

But you know this is not the place you guys think about it.I mean talking bad/good about other forum without telling them or anything is no good....don't think it will be help full to them or to us so there is no use to this thread..that's ur personal thought of it.I know ur asking what other people think but what's have been done it's done u can't just change it like this.

One way u can change that by just having Thom in ur control which no one usually have XD.

Spektral

Spektral Avatar

July 2009
nooki said:
admin said:

Yea I agree.

But you know this is not the place you guys think about it.I mean talking bad/good about other forum without telling them or anything is no good....don't think it will be help full to them or to us so there is no use to this thread..that's ur personal thought of it.I know ur asking what other people think but what's have been done it's done u can't just change it like this.

One way u can change that by just having Thom in ur control which no one usually have XD.

That's what I was thinking. It will be best to leave this topic alone. Our goal is to make SZ better, not ZC.

But as a sidenote: Nooki, I'd preffer you to the current ZC staff. :P

Last Edit: Sept 24, 2005 22:40:56 GMT by Spektral

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
nooki said:

Yea I agree.

Me and him have already given our views on the place over there....

braxis said:
That's what I was thinking. It will be best to leave this topic alone. Our goal is to make SZ better, not ZC.

We all know how much you dislike her, so that's saying something.

Well, SZ can be made better by not making the mistake that ZD(ZC...whatever) did.

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
aleon said:
nooki said:

Yea I agree.

Me and him have already given our views on the place over there....

braxis said:

We all know how much you dislike her, so that's saying something.

Well, SZ can be made better by not making the mistake that ZD(ZC...whatever) did.

Just to ask jim..what is that mistake...I can't find the archives in the ZD proboards.. :(

nooki

nooki Avatar

July 2006
^ about ur last part Jim I have to say If the members keep up with SZ...SZ sure will not going to be like ZC,But looks like most of the SZ people have been showed their activity at the first month and now their not showing them selves here no more...

Moose

Moose Avatar

August 2005
Agreed. They are so corrupt now, it isn't even funny and I will speak about it openly. I will tell you all why I left. I left because Morgoth was the bigest hypocrite I ever saw. He fired Leon and Jordan once so he could become an admin and rip off of a position I deserved far more than him. Not to mention, Jordan deserved it more than him. You don't rip off someone that way to get what you want. He should have earned which he didn't. I never made mistakes, I made one and that was the cracking which wasn't my fault. Don't listen to anything Morgoth tells you, he made the ZD staff corrupt and smoked me out. If you want to blame one person for this, it is Morgoth.
Greg says:
Coding music...
Greg says:
Hmm...
Greg says:
I wouldn't rule it out. :P
Chris 3.0 [New features? Yes.] says:
:P
Greg says:
If you think about machine code it's a bunch of 1s and 0s
Anything is possible.
Greg says:
Yeah try to code Metallica
:P Yeah, I'll get right on that... right after I learn to fly.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
nooki said:
^ about ur last part Jim I have to say If the members keep up with SZ...SZ sure will not going to be like ZC,But looks like most of the SZ people have been showed their activity at the first month and now their not showing them selves here no more...

Even if we don't it won't be like ZC.

I really think that it'll destroy them. They were better off at PB...

peter
I personally favour the move, though I think it should have come months ago. Me, Ash and Alan wanted to move SSD to IPB or phpBB, but for some reason which I can't remember now, we decided to stay.

Problem with moving a forum like ZD (or whatever it is called now) is that it will still be ProBoard members visiting it. It will be very hard for them to get members outside the ProBoards network. There are way too many forums out there that have huge amounts of IF, IPB, phpBB codes, templates etc. It will be hard for them to get into that themselves, and even harder to get clients.

I have no idea on what has been going on over there, so I can't comment on that, and probably wouldn't anyway.

Personally I hope this topic is locked. There are too many forums out there that bad mouth other forums, even if they do deserve it. One thing we (and they still do) never allowed at SSD, was topics like this to be left open. Just sets a bad image for the forum to be honest.

hpmad

hpmad Avatar

September 2005
I don't like this move at all. ZD (ZC whatever...) has a bigger community to go after now, the Invision people and stuff like that. And there probably won't be many people since other people are going to visit other forums. They should at least keep the PB forum open for some mods to run it for proboards codes and stuff....

Don't lock it, please.... we're not exactly bad-mouthing ZD (ZC), we're just speaking out our opinions. We're not saying like "ZC sucks", "I hate you, ZC", and stuff like that...

peter
hpmad said:
Don't lock it, please.... we're not exactly bad-mouthing ZD (ZC), we're just speaking out our opinions. We're not saying like "ZC sucks", "I hate you, ZC", and stuff like that...

Hmmm, maybe read the title of the topic? ;)

Maybe even read a few posts in here (moose's for example). I'm sure he has good reason for his post, but blah....i've said what I needed to anyway :)

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
peter said:
I personally favour the move, though I think it should have come months ago. Me, Ash and Alan wanted to move SSD to IPB or phpBB, but for some reason which I can't remember now, we decided to stay.

Problem with moving a forum like ZD (or whatever it is called now) is that it will still be ProBoard members visiting it. It will be very hard for them to get members outside the ProBoards network. There are way too many forums out there that have huge amounts of IF, IPB, phpBB codes, templates etc. It will be hard for them to get into that themselves, and even harder to get clients.

I have no idea on what has been going on over there, so I can't comment on that, and probably wouldn't anyway.

Personally I hope this topic is locked. There are too many forums out there that bad mouth other forums, even if they do deserve it. One thing we (and they still do) never allowed at SSD, was topics like this to be left open. Just sets a bad image for the forum to be honest.

:D Someone agrees with me here.
All those forum may have better features (IPB, phpBB, simple machines, Yabb, myBB etc.), but more than half of the boards are independently hosted by the owner's seperate servers. This means that in order to get traffic, the owners have to advertse on other websites, joining other BBS.

Unless those websites are the top of the top, they have no chance to survive in such a wide, open market.

newBookmarkLockedFalling