Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Stop. Trolling. Each. Other.

1. This forum is not /b/. This forum is not Talkpark.

2. Stop trolling each other, and stop being assholes toward one another. If you have a problem with a fellow member, either keep it to yourself, or take it up with them via PM. Keep personal issues with other members private. None of us want to hear about them.

3. If you want to have an argument, either create a debate thread specifically designed for said argument, or take it to PM.

4. Studio Zero was not created so you could be a complete asshole - that is a privilege, not a right.

5. If this doesn't make sense to you, you've got bigger problems than the internet.

Edit On October 27:

6. NO MORE KARMA THREADS. PERIOD.

Last Edit: Oct 27, 2009 23:21:08 GMT by Benjamin
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
I agree, truthfully. I've never tried to troll anyone (if i have).

Anyway, I would love to resolve my problems with people via pm, but when I dont know who it is, its pretty hard.

That's because there are no problems. You're making this up. Just because people disagree with you on one issue or many issues doesn't mean they have a problem with you. I'm friends with Josh and we have a lot in common, but I still disagree with him on many things. I've argued with Zell on many issues, despite him being one of my favorite new members. The only "problem" is how everyone is handling these arguments/disagreements/debates.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Responding as you did, is an example of what your are saying.

No. I stated a disagreement. The fact that you're starting threads about your arguments and getting smitten was what I mean by "handling arguments/disagreements poorly".

I have yet to post without you quoting me to say i'm wrong or how you totally disagree, or even how (in this thread) you basically called me a liar.

You've posted many times without me saying a word to you. And even if you hadn't, there's nothing against the rules to disagree with a member and respond to them. I've not insulted you, I haven't harassed you, I haven't done anything wrong but state my disagreement and argue my point against yours. That is NOT the problem Ben was referring to.

And I did not call you a liar, I called you mistaken. There's a BIG difference.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

No. I stated a disagreement. The fact that you're starting threads about your arguments and getting smitten was what I mean by "handling arguments/disagreements poorly".

You've posted many times without me saying a word to you. And even if you hadn't, there's nothing against the rules to disagree with a member and respond to them. I've not insulted you, I haven't harassed you, I haven't done anything wrong but state my disagreement and argue my point against yours. That is NOT the problem Ben was referring to.

lucifer said:
That's because there are no problems. You're making this up.

Oh, Sorry. I misunderstood you, can you please say what you mean next time?

There are no problems with you, only the way you're handling the karma thing. People are disagreeing with you, nothing more. Don't take it so personally, listen to what's said and do research, if it's something technology related.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

lucifer said:
That's because there are no problems. You're making this up.

Oh, Sorry. I misunderstood you, can you please say what you mean next time?

What James said. No one has a "problem" with you, and if they do, they're keeping it private. All of the arguments are nothing more than people disagreeing with what you say. You're misinterpreting that for people having a problem with you.

newfieldgrafix
Honestly, I think there have been karma debate threads, all of which have been locked. I don't have a problem with anyone here, life's too short. If ever I get smited, I just think "Dammit, lost one", and then try to learn from my foolery...

Can we all just agree to disagree?

Edit @ Luci:

Do we, I thought our 'arguments' were more of a "yeah, I see your point"? And I've been here ages lol.

Last Edit: Oct 27, 2009 0:29:20 GMT by newfieldgrafix

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Oct 27, 2009 0:26:11 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Edit @ Luci:

Do we, I thought our 'arguments' were more of a "yeah, I see your point"? And I've been here ages lol.

Like I said, it's how people handle the disagreements. We tend to handle ours just fine with each other. That's exactly my point.

And you've been here since April of this year. I've been here since it opened. You're a "new" member to me. :P

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
You gotta be at least a year old to even be considered a teen at SZ. :P

I have noticed an increase in pouting over karma. I really never liked the idea, as it's not really used for anything. People get upset over something that doesn't really matter. I also notice the argument over "disagreeing" and "attacking." When a member rebuts your opinion, it's them trying to spark an interesting conversation. If we all whined and complained whenever someone disagreed with us, we'd all be depressed sacs with no purpose. Take it as 'constructional criticism;' no one is out to get you, and if they are, you have no reason to worry because it's not your fault.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Conor Avatar

I have noticed an increase in pouting over karma. I really never liked the idea, as it's not really used for anything. People get upset over something that doesn't really matter. I also notice the argument over "disagreeing" and "attacking." When a member rebuts your opinion, it's them trying to spark an interesting conversation. If we all whined and complained whenever someone disagreed with us, we'd all be depressed sacs with no purpose. Take it as 'constructional criticism;' no one is out to get you, and if they are, you have no reason to worry because it's not your fault.

Very well put.

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
Lucifer Avatar
Conor Avatar

Very well put.

Why thank you, Lucifer.

I'm happy that at least there are the few good quality members who can take a hit, and not troll around the forums.

Last Edit: Oct 27, 2009 1:47:45 GMT by Conor

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
I laugh at how this topic degenerated after like 2 replies. lol.
k

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Andrew McGivery Avatar

It hasn't degenerated one bit. We're discussing the points that were brought up. That's the point of making this thread. To solve things. You can't just make a thread and hope it works. We have to work as a community to make things work. And that's what we're all trying to do. Sharing opinions and arguing others so that we can, hopefully, come to the best solution.

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Andrew McGivery Avatar

I know right.

Some members just need to learn that when they say they're going to stop arguing (multiple times, i might add), they should stop arguing. :P
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Benjamin Avatar
Andrew McGivery Avatar

I know right.

Some members just need to learn that when they say they're going to stop arguing (multiple times, i might add), they should stop arguing. :P

Who ever said they were done arguing?

And even if they did, there is absolutely nothing wrong with arguing against a point you don't agree with, so how does arguing equal degeneration? It's all relevant to the topic.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
While you are right for the most part lucifer, I do believe ben made this thread as a nice way of saying

SHUT THE SHITIING FUCK UP AND STOP TROLLING AND WHINNING LIKE LITTLE BITCH NUGGETS

:P

so. I don't think discussion was his intention. :P

But, yea. I guess it is constructive discussion.

just sayin. :P
k

newBookmarkLockedFalling