Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

newfieldgrafix
Isn't that the 'point' of forums; discussion boards? I find that a lot of my discussions here helpful; in that: I used to hate Macs (an example) but now after discutions, I've come to think of them as 'not my cup of tea'. Does anyone understand that?

I can understand that there's arguing over which effect works best on whatever platfom, and there's arguing for the hell of it, over irrelevant topics. I think I've lost my self here. So, yeah, that's what I mean.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Oct 27, 2009 2:38:00 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Isn't that the 'point' of forums; discussion boards? I find that a lot of my discussions here helpful; in that: I used to hate Macs (an example) but now after discutions, I've come to think of them as 'not my cup of tea'. Does anyone understand that?

I can understand that there's arguing over which effect works best on whatever platfom, and there's arguing for the hell of it, over irrelevant topics. I think I've lost my self here. So, yeah, that's what I mean.

But where do you draw the line between discussion and "OMG OH NOES HE IS ATTACKING ME HELP ME MODS LOCK HIS ACCOUNT BAN BAN BAN"

Last Edit: Oct 27, 2009 2:40:45 GMT by Andrew McGivery
k

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Andrew McGivery Avatar
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Oct 27, 2009 2:38:00 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:

But where do you draw the line between discussion and "OMG OH NOES HE IS ATTACKING ME HELP ME MODS LOCK HIS ACCOUNT BAN BAN BAN"

You draw the line when someone attacks someone else. Which HASN'T happened yet.

If Ben's intention with this thread was to tell us to stop arguing, then Ben is WRONG. I'm not talking about fighting and insulting. I'm just talking about arguing. Debating. Discussing. The kinds of things that have always been at SZ. The only thing that has changed at ALL is how members are reacting to such things. THAT'S what needs to change. Not the actual activity, because what is going on (for the most part) is just fine and within the rules.

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Nah, it was really meant to keep members from bashing each other - the fighting, insulting, and putting down.

I don't care about debating, discussing, etc, in fact, I encourage that.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Benjamin Avatar
Nah, it was really meant to keep members from bashing each other - the fighting, insulting, and putting down.

That's what I figured. And at the same time, members need to recognize the difference between someone disagreeing with them and someone insulting them or being "out to get them".

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Conor Avatar
You gotta be at least a year old to even be considered a teen at SZ. :P

Does that make me a freaking grandpa or something? God I feel old now...

And yes, I replied only to say that. Err... to make it relevant, don't hate. The end. <.<

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Benjamin Avatar

That's what I figured. And at the same time, members need to recognize the difference between someone disagreeing with them and someone insulting them or being "out to get them".
Dude, what's going on with your karma?

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Eric Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

Dude, what's going on with your karma?

I had it set to -17 to prove a point (that karma doesn't matter), but it seems someone has taken a liking to me lately (you know who you are...and so do I ;) ).

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
It was me. :-*

Jake

Jake Avatar

ProNation

December 2005
But I love Luci too! :(

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
Karma's just a number much like post count ... how many people actually pay attention to it? :P

I don't hate anyone ... I just disagree with what people say at times! :)

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Michael Avatar
Karma's just a number much like post count ... how many people actually pay attention to it? :P

I don't hate anyone ... I just disagree with what people say at times! :)

I pay attention to it, but I don't really care about it. Sometimes it's a good representation of a member's reputation (like Chris's), and other times it's just for the lulz (like Ben's), and even sometimes it's completely inaccurate and should be ignored (like mine).

Though I am a tad peeved. I was 11. Had it set to negative 17 and I'm up to -4. If you're doing your math, that would put me at 24 had I not set it low. That's one away from an achievement! :'(

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Hmm. So, I've just been lurking moreso lately. And I've been noticing that more "disagreements" have been getting out of hand. Which frankly is ridiculous. Everyone has their own opinions, and to get mad at someone for disagreeing with you is just stupid. Josh and I disagree about 95% of the time on pretty much everything. I use to get mad at him, frankly because it got annoying. :P However, I just learned to be like, "whatever, that's your view". So yeah. Deal with people not agreeing with you. It's bound to happen in life. Not everyone can agree with you about everything.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
what is this thread

people we are on the internet

the internet

I'll mention it once more for reference

the internet

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar