Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008

CAPTION CONTEST #14 Results!
[/b][/size]

Entries Thread

Image This Week:

• The Winner: Zell Denver with

ATTENTION:
    Speed Limit Enforcement in Operation.

• The Runner up: Lucifer with

"I don't know what's going on here, but something tells me Michael Bay is behind this and there's going to be an explosion soon."

I'll be pming Chris to award the points. I want to take this time to talk about the winner bars. Since Wedge left us and I can't seem to get a copy of the winner bar, a new one will be made and released shortly. If you've won a contest and would like to claim your new bar once they are released pm me asking for one and link me to the contest you have won. It just saves time for myself so I dont have to go digging through multiple threads. However once the bar is made all contests from that point out will have bars made.
[/center]

newfieldgrafix
Woot! Thanks!

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
No problem, it was quite funny imagining a car being cut to pieces if it was speeding in that area lol.

newfieldgrafix
Hotshot Avatar
No problem, it was quite funny imagining a car being cut to pieces if it was speeding in that area lol.

Notice the red minivan doesn't look like he's going very fast...

newfieldgrafix
Of course you can. Let's assume that the camera is about 25 meters from the vehicle (the lines on the road, if continued to the camera position would suggest about 25 meters), and also assume that the camera's shutter speed is on the normal setting; which averages at 1/2000th of a second.

Now with that information; you can then determine the amount of motion blur the vehicle would incur. In this case, there is only about <10 centimeters of motion blur indicating that the vehicle is traveling approximately, 90-100 KPH.

A theory supported by the current EU average speed limit for this environment, of which information can be determined by the rear (white) plate. My assumption of the locale is supported also; by the sign ahead of the vehicle, which is the sign for "NSL" (National Speed Limit) - a white circle with a thick black diagonal line, top right, to bottom left; denoting the aforementioned limits.

With all that information, logic, Jim, would dictate that the vehicle is abiding by the limits...

Last Edit: Nov 28, 2009 21:59:41 GMT by newfieldgrafix

newfieldgrafix
In order for that hypothesis to work we'd need to know more about the time of the photo and the standard method of reducing motion blur. A variable which would be invalidated by the statement of the shutter speed I mentioned earlier, which would contradict and motion blur reduction since most of which are implemented by increasing the shutter speed.

newBookmarkLockedFalling