Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newPollBookmarkLockedFalling

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Jesse Avatar
My daughter likes Mozart and Beethoven. Mostly because that is the only thing we let her listen to.
Careful with that. I've heard that there are both good and bad cases to limiting a child to classical music. I think the negative had something to do with auditory perception, like it was hard for them to learn from someone speaking, because they were used to the complex musical patterns.

I probably butchered that horribly. But the gist of the argument was while you can focus their music to classical, it's good to let them listen to at least SOME other stuff.

(I know all this due to my nephew).

Salvager

Salvager Avatar

July 2006
Eric Avatar
Jesse Avatar
My daughter likes Mozart and Beethoven. Mostly because that is the only thing we let her listen to.
Careful with that. I've heard that there are both good and bad cases to limiting a child to classical music. I think the negative had something to do with auditory perception, like it was hard for them to learn from someone speaking, because they were used to the complex musical patterns.

I probably butchered that horribly. But the gist of the argument was while you can focus their music to classical, it's good to let them listen to at least SOME other stuff.

(I know all this due to my nephew).

Never heard that one before. I've heard other genres do stuff such as increase and decrease intellegence for infants. Is that one true?

newPollBookmarkLockedFalling