Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Josh Avatar
Avatar... was perfect. Absolutely perfect.

I have to disagree with that. :P I just got back from seeing it in 3D (first 3D movie, it was awesome). And quite frankly the beginning was kind of boring. Also, there's something during the entire movie that they didn't state. The rock or whatever it was that they were after. When it's on an entire separate planet, how did they know it was there, how did they put a value on it, and what was so damn special about it?

Other than that. I honestly loved the movie. The fiance didn't even want to see it, but he said he really liked it. So I'm glad I dragged him.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Kay, I really don't feel the rock was too important to the plot of the movie. As for how they knew it was there, probably a space probe of some kind. Value is determined by economics, so value was set by supply and demand. Chances are it was found on nearer planets/moons first, so they found out what was special about it then. Questions answered by: inference.

The beginning was boring, but I kind of expect that these days. It's hard to have a great plot without some boring parts that explain stuff.

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Eric Avatar
Kay, I really don't feel the rock was too important to the plot of the movie.

Are you kidding me? The rock was the entire reason they were there and blew up the tree. Yeah, "probably" this and "probably" that. That's my point, they didn't explain it, which leaves you wondering.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Kay Avatar
Eric Avatar
Kay, I really don't feel the rock was too important to the plot of the movie.

Are you kidding me? The rock was the entire reason they were there and blew up the tree. Yeah, "probably" this and "probably" that. That's my point, they didn't explain it, which leaves you wondering.

It was a plot device; nothing more, nothing less. The main story arc really had little do with the unobtanium, it was just something that they kept mentioning in passing. The main story arc was the story with him becoming one of the Na'vi

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Josh Avatar
Kay Avatar

It was a plot device; nothing more, nothing less. The main story arc really had little do with the unobtanium, it was just something that they kept mentioning in passing. The main story arc was the story with him becoming one of the Na'vi
What Josh said. If they explained every little thing that movie would have been 8 hours long. Explaining about the rock might have answered some questions about the universe they've created, but I don't think it would have added anything worthwhile to the story.

The rock could have just as easily been the whole planet (land/territory), because earth was a wasteland. It could have been on top of the fountain of youth. Really it could have been a lot, but they just chose a rock.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Eric Avatar
Josh Avatar

What Josh said. If they explained every little thing that movie would have been 8 hours long. Explaining about the rock might have answered some questions about the universe they've created, but I don't think it would have added anything worthwhile to the story.

The rock could have just as easily been the whole planet (land/territory), because earth was a wasteland. It could have been on top of the fountain of youth. Really it could have been a lot, but they just chose a rock.

What Eric said.

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Josh Avatar
Hotshot Avatar
I'm going to see it today with a lot of friends in Imax 3D! :D

Not all that pumped up about seeing it, but we'll see how it goes.

Please tell me you are not seeing it at AMC in IMAX and you are going to Greenfield Village to see it.

Greenfield Village was the original intent, but we had to see it at AMC as they weren't showing it there. :(

Needless to say the movie was amazing and I had Kellie there to watch it with me <3.

richardgary1223
Best movie this year indeed.

lol The soul gets transplanted in the end. xD

Last Edit: Jan 1, 2010 5:04:50 GMT by richardgary1223

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Watched it in 3D in Taiwan
Loved it. Well worth the money.

Squeezed though a whole crowd. The line stretched up to the main door of the theatre. O.0:;;
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Xylish Avatar

Squeezed though a whole crowd. The line stretched up to the main door of the theatre. O.0:;;

Why were you in Taiwan? That's not exactly close to New Zealand, is it? oO

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Josh Avatar
Xylish Avatar

Why were you in Taiwan? That's not exactly close to New Zealand, is it? oO

His dad lives in Taiwan if I remember correctly. Probably visiting.

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
I saw it, and I loved it. By far the absolute best movie I have ever seen. Is it bad that I laughed at the sex scene between Jake and Neytiri? Weird blue alien sex just doesn't turn me on, but it is funny.

MAdoubleGuhEE

MAdoubleGuhEE Avatar

Official Member

August 2009
The only thing I found wrong with this film is that my life felt like a piece of shit after.

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
MAdoubleGuhEE Avatar
The only thing I found wrong with this film is that my life felt like a piece of shit after.

Exactly. I walked out of the theatre thinking "Holy shit. I want to fucking live on Pandora, and be a Na'Vi. God damnit my life is boring as hell."

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Read this thread, then. :P

avatar-forums.com/showthread.php?t=43

newBookmarkLockedFalling