Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
What language do you know? and how fluent are you with them?

Another Question i have heard many times, Should there be one Language for everyone to learn and know

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
I know French pretty well. I've been taking french since 8th grade in school and am currently in French 4. For my senior year, I'll be taking AP french, and seeing as I have an A- in the class, I'd say I'm pretty fluent.

Another language I know is well.. English. :P I'm very fluent in that seeing as how that's my main language. I also know other languages, like some spanish and german, but not enough to make long conversation lol.

I think there should be one language for everyone to learn and know, an universal language so we can all communicate, and I believe it was attempted by failed miserably.

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
2.5 years of spanish, semi-fluent I suppose

Neversoft

Neversoft Avatar

Dedicated Member

July 2006
I took a year (all together) of Spanish, but I remember very little of it.
Jesus christ, I've been here 3 years :o (Oh lawd, its 4 now)

LOL ITS 6 AND A HALF NOW

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
Ich spreche Deutsch. Deutsch ist sehr schoen und ich liebe Deutsch. Deustch mache die spass, aber es gibt mich kopft schmerz."

P: German for me. Love the culture, the people ... everything. I'm in the second year of first year German because I failed last year, and it's actually a really funny story. You see for the first half of the year I was in a low level school that nobody really considered a school ... Even the people who went there. The school was very close to losing funding and had hired the worst German teacher ever. Sometimes he'd go on for THREE CLASSES STRAIGHT about Self-cleaning toilets and the wonders of them. He brought in a f'ing VIDEO of one, because apparently they're just so grand. He's a freakin' drunkard Natzi, Madsen was. Loved him to death. Oh and during midterm/final he talked through the entire thing and gave everybody answers (my friends are taking german, that's how I knew that).

Then I came to a semi-private acadamy where we actually get to do work. I failed the mid-term, was half a year behind, and ultimately failed. I'm taking the class again, however, and doing rather well. Ich liebe Deutsch <3

/endlifestory. wow. i talk way too much =/ even on forums. :D
[/size]

Last Edit: Jan 16, 2010 21:35:25 GMT by Twerque
Signature coming~

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I can read/write Spanish well, but I can't speak/listen for the life of me... I can also partially read French and Italian (and maybe a few other languages) because of my background with Spanish. :P Other then that, nothing really. I do speak JavaScript pretty fluently though.

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
Chris stole my joke! >.>

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
English I can read, write, speak, listen (apart from Northerners =P) I can read and speak and write French fairly well, but listening when they talk so fast is hard. :P I can kinda do Spanish but not too well.
Looking for a coder, PM me.

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
I speak English and a bit of german :P

On the programming side of things I'm a little better; PHP, JS, C++, Obj-C, C#, VB

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
I can read and listen to spanish, but I can't really speak and write it..... Obviusly my three years of spanish in high school didn't do me any good....

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I know English. That's it. lol

I can count up to like 20 in Spanish and French, but nothing more beyond the usual words that people will intermix with English around here.

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
English is actually my second language =P

Chinese is my first.

Japanese is my Third.

Fourth would be Hokkien, but it's more of a dialect.
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Xylish Avatar
English is actually my second language =P

Chinese is my first.

Japanese is my Third.

Fourth would be Hokkien, but it's more of a dialect.

Fifth would be JS, when you did speak it.

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
English, can read/write some french, know little German but that about it for me.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
English. I was good at Spanish, but I'm not great at it. I only took a year of it. On the upside, I'm pretty good at deciphering Latin languages because of it. I've been able to more or less accurately read French poems on my own.

Also, every now and again, I go back to Icelandic. I've yet to put forth any real effort in learning it, but I've familiarized myself with it quite a bit. So I'm no expert nor am I fluent and my vocabulary is maybe 5 words, but I do intend to learn it at some point in my life. Like when I have more free time and a bit more focus.

newBookmarkLockedFalling