Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Nitro

Nitro Avatar
If they pick you out, you're on your way to a once upon a time that never ends.

Official Member

Female

January 2010
...this is NOT to get an achievement. Really. I swear.

I was just thinking that some people might not like their year of birth being displayed in their profile, but want to display their birthday (Month/Date or however you format it) anyway -- for example, for the achievement where someone makes a happy birthday thread for you. I wasn't sure if this would go in the Code Requests board or here, but since I was suggesting it in particular for SZ, I decided here.

So maybe it'd have:

Display Birthday: Yes/No
- This option allows you to display the month and day of your birthday, but not the year. To display them, select "Yes;" to hide them, select "No."

Or something along those lines. I certainly wouldn't mind having a code like that, though. :P

Tovarisch

Tovarisch Avatar
Open Your Mind

Official Member

February 2010
I dont get why people would hide their birthdays in the first place :P

Nitro

Nitro Avatar

Official Member

Female

January 2010
Tovarisch Avatar
I dont get why people would hide their birthdays in the first place :P

I don't like people knowing how old I am, but I don't mind them knowing my birthday. Most people on large forums like this are adults, or over the age of 16 at least, but even then a lot of people I know don't like sharing their exact ages. For me it's ingrained habit and maybe I'm a little paranoid. :P

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Even if your birthday is hidden, it shows up in the Info Center, I believe. So this really doesn't matter. *shrugs*

EDIT: And I'm not sure how much Chris could do anyway. I get the feeling that this would have to be something that Proboards did, not Chris.

Last Edit: Feb 7, 2010 4:51:51 GMT by Josh

Tovarisch

Tovarisch Avatar
Open Your Mind

Official Member

February 2010
Actually, it doesnt show up (in the info center) if its hidden.

@nitro, its not like we can jump through the screen and eat your face :P

Last Edit: Feb 7, 2010 4:56:59 GMT by Tovarisch

Nitro

Nitro Avatar

Official Member

Female

January 2010
Tovarisch Avatar
Actually, it doesnt show up (in the info center) if its hidden.

@nitro, its not like we can jump through the screen and eat your face :P

Lawl. XD

(because I don't feel like quoting): It doesn't show up in the info center (unless the SZ coding does something to make it do so), or it didn't last I checked, and yeah, it may or may not be possible...but if it is, all the better, right? And while it's not particularly important, it would be nice, but if it isn't necessary I don't see why Proboards would bother with it.

Tovarisch

Tovarisch Avatar
Open Your Mind

Official Member

February 2010
All you want it for is so you can unlock an award, why would they make it easier? Especialy since they have to code something for it.

No one cares how old anyone else is :P

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
@nitro not a bad idea. I could be wrong but i think it would have to be something proboards did in their coding like josh said

Nitro

Nitro Avatar

Official Member

Female

January 2010
@rover (Tov, yes I changed your nickname): Actually, I'd love to bug Chris to let me use it if he actually could do this, as I wouldn't mind using it on my own forum (it's an RPG :P), and I have little doubt that no one cares how old I am, it's just a habit. :P

@arucard: Thanks, and yeah, I know, but I wouldn't know how to request them to do it.

An alternative option, slightly different: make a code similar to this one except with two drop-down lists of the months and the days, respectively, and probably with the months as numbers, so they'd show up in the mini-profile/profile as "Birthday: 5/16" or something like that...except that would mean making more images for the mini-profiles (for the ones that have them, anyway). :P

Last Edit: Feb 7, 2010 5:34:25 GMT by Nitro

Tovarisch

Tovarisch Avatar
Open Your Mind

Official Member

February 2010
To much effort just because one member cant be arsed changing it to shown, out of habbit.

Nitro

Nitro Avatar

Official Member

Female

January 2010
Tovarisch Avatar
To much effort just because one member cant be arsed changing it to shown, out of habbit.

Thus it being a suggestion, not a demand.

And anyhow, I only thought of it because it applies to me. I really do know a lot of people who don't like having their ages displayed. I'd love to use this code, as I said, on my own forum, but decided to put it in the suggestions board anyway.

Last Edit: Feb 7, 2010 6:23:55 GMT by Nitro

Tovarisch

Tovarisch Avatar
Open Your Mind

Official Member

February 2010
My post is relevant to a demand and a suggestion.

Nitro

Nitro Avatar

Official Member

Female

January 2010
^ Edited my post. :P

It could be, but I meant that it's not something I think is necessary, and am only suggesting it as something to make it a little more difficult for Chris XD easier for me and others who prefer not to display their age. I don't think someone should go out of their way to any great length just for convenience, but if it's not too much trouble it'd be nice. I should've worded it better, though, sorry.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
It's a good suggestion, and I don't think it'd be that hard. Just add a second option. If you want your whole birthday displayed, just choose "Yes", as usual. If you want just the month/day, you could choose "No", and then have a second option that allows you to just show your month/day. That way you wouldn't even have to mod the birthday display, Chris could just add another display field and pull the information (month/day) from the usual birthday field.

I mean, I'm not coder, but I don't think it'd be much harder than that (unless, of course, there's something stopping that kind of thing).

Tovarisch

Tovarisch Avatar
Open Your Mind

Official Member

February 2010
Then you can just use the &noheaders thing to see the year the person was born in.

Plus, im sure the main profile also display the age as well as the date.

newBookmarkLockedFalling