Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Feb 13, 2010 21:26:11 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
I understand the whole concept, it's a really good one. in practice, however, it's not working. We need something to go on.

Ah, thank you for that.

I don't really see the need to have them all listed. You just go to the members page and find the top achievement earners. Chances are you can get a pretty full list from that.

Is the keys in the car one where your thread gets locked? Anyone know?

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Eric Avatar
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Feb 13, 2010 21:26:11 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
I understand the whole concept, it's a really good one. in practice, however, it's not working. We need something to go on.

Ah, thank you for that.

I don't really see the need to have them all listed. You just go to the members page and find the top achievement earners. Chances are you can get a pretty full list from that.

Obviously people don't like that though. However, I don't think anything more than a list of the images and names would be fair. They are supposed to be hidden. They are worth a lot more points because they are difficult to get. If they aren't difficult to get, then there's no point.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Josh Avatar
Eric Avatar
Ah, thank you for that.

Obviously people don't like that though. However, I don't think anything more than a list of the images and names would be fair. They are supposed to be hidden. They are worth a lot more points because they are difficult to get. If they aren't difficult to get, then there's no point.
It's not really about the difficulty to get level that we're complaining about (I don't think), it's just that we have absolutely no idea what we're getting some of the achievements for. Normally when you get an achievement you know exactly what for. But since we can't be trusted not to share, we don't get to know. It's almost pointless for some of them in a way.

newfieldgrafix
Yeah, Mary Jane, Color me Red and Keys in the Car. I have no idea.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
And half the staff is in the dark too. :P

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Eric Avatar
Josh Avatar

It's not really about the difficulty to get level that we're complaining about (I don't think), it's just that we have absolutely no idea what we're getting some of the achievements for. Normally when you get an achievement you know exactly what for. But since we can't be trusted not to share, we don't get to know. It's almost pointless for some of them in a way.

Exactly.

Why should I care about a hidden achievement? I have no idea how I got it and no clues as to how. It should be fun because they're secret, but you might as well not even tell us we're getting them because it wouldn't change a thing. Whatever we did to earn it would go unnoticed all the same. I'm not saying they're bad ideas, but some of the titles are too vague (Color Me Red) and others are obvious to the point of multiple possible meanings with none that are clearly right (Everyone's a Critic--could be a lot of things involving criticism). So just a clue in the right direction would be nice. Like, say, Mary Jane. Let's assume Eric is right and you have to post at 4:20. The clue could be, "It's that time again..." Makes perfect sense with the title (time to smoke weed), but also hints at the fact that the achievement is based on time. It seems overly obvious in hindsight, but for those of us who never thought of it (like me), it's still incredibly vague. It'll at least give some confirmation to those who think they've figured out (it makes sense), but doesn't altogether give away the answer. And as long as you guys don't confirm/deny anything, the members can never really be sure, anyway, unless they tried to unlock them via the methods someone has proposed (which we could still do even now if we wanted to; I just don't think most people do).

As for a list of them, that defeats the point of them being hidden. Keep them secret until unlocked. Again, if anyone really wants to know, they can go find them on other people's pages, but I try to avoid that because I enjoy unlocking achievements, especially on accident. I just don't enjoy being completely in the dark about it.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I can kinda understand where you're coming from, but they're still not pointless. You still get points from them... quite a bit at that. :P I'll consider it I guess, but I really can't see it happening.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
WWWWWWWWWWWW

November 2005
- Well, Color Me Red
- What Do You Mean You Left The Keys in the Car!?

How do I have these?!

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Aaron Avatar
- Well, Color Me Red

How do I have these?!

:P You'll figure it out eventually.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar
Aaron Avatar
- Well, Color Me Red

How do I have these?!

It's been years and I still haven't figured it out.

Also, after rereading my most recent post in this thread, I still stand by what I said.

Last Edit: Mar 4, 2013 7:45:31 GMT by Lucifer

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Chris Avatar

Also, after rereading my most recent post in this thread, I still stand by what I said.

tl;dr. Not gonna show hidden achievement descriptions. :P

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

tl;dr. Not gonna show hidden achievement descriptions. :P

But mooommm!

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
WWWWWWWWWWWW

November 2005

And to think I thought this linked to a video describing the hidden achievements :'(

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Aaron Avatar

And to think I thought this linked to a video describing the hidden achievements :'(

If you play it backwards and modulate the soundtrack with the rick roll soundtrack, it does describe the hidden achievements, but in Latin.

newBookmarkLockedFalling