Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

ǻñî§ђ™

ǻñî§ђ™ Avatar
Always in disguise!

Banned

March 2009
I really want to start learning C#/C++ and i want to know if there is any other coding laguages i would need to know so that learning it would be a lot easier to understand.

I know HTML, CSS and JS. Is that enough or would i need to know PHP and MySqul as well?

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
No, you're pretty much set to learn them. The order doesn't really matter in terms of how you learn them. But knowing javascript will help for sure, the concepts are very similar.

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
Eric Avatar
No, you're pretty much set to learn them. The order doesn't really matter in terms of how you learn them. But knowing javascript will help for sure, the concepts are very similar.

A lot of the things you get used to in javascript simply don't apply to C++. I wouldn't say its the best language to start from, but the syntax is similar.

I would start with C# if you use windows. Its a good stepping stone on the route to C++, or you could just use C# completely and save yourself a lot of pain.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Simie Avatar
Eric Avatar

A lot of the things you get used to in javascript simply don't apply to C++. I wouldn't say its the best language to start from, but the syntax is similar.

I would start with C# if you use windows. Its a good stepping stone on the route to C++, or you could just use C# completely and save yourself a lot of pain.
Clearly they aren't the same language. However, a loop is a loop.

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
I'm just saying if you try pretty much anything you learn from JS in C++ it throws a fit and consumes your will to live.

Last Edit: Feb 14, 2010 0:10:53 GMT by Simie

Tobias

Tobias Avatar

Dedicated Member

November 2006
Simie Avatar
I'm just saying if you try pretty much anything you learn from JS in C++ it throws a fit and consumes your will to live.
I can attest to this.
#intj (Mastermind)^

ǻñî§ђ™

ǻñî§ђ™ Avatar
Always in disguise!

Banned

March 2009
Thanks everyone :D And is C# similare to JS then?

Bobby

Bobby Avatar

August 2005
ǻñî§ђ™ Avatar
Thanks everyone :D And is C# similare to JS then?

Not really. C# is a step closer to Java than anything else.

Simie Avatar

I don't think Eric was trying to say that you can directly apply much of anything from JavaScript into a C++ application. But rather the syntax JavaScript uses is based directly off of C, which is C++'s predecessor. As such someone with a background in JS might pick up on the language a little quicker than someone without, solely due to being familiar with the basic syntax.

mossypne

mossypne Avatar

August 2009
Is there any decent wesites for learning c++

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006

newBookmarkLockedFalling