Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Shadowblast

Shadowblast Avatar
Doesn't Actually Blast Shadows

Official Member

September 2009
Maybe I'm wrong? But the forum feels a little squished...maybe it is because I'm a fan of large forums. But, I do feel maybe the forum is a little bit small.

Thanks if you read this.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I do believe that this was a result of some people stuck on smaller resolutions back when the forum was made. I could be wrong, but that is, from what I understand, why it's so small. However, to change that would require a LOT of editing to all of the skins.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Current skins won't be made wider. The amount of images and coding that would have to be edited just isn't worth it.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Blame SO and his gay ass 800X600 screen resolution. :D
k

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Andrew McGivery Avatar

This. This. This. A THOUSAND TIMES THIS. SO, as a designer of a handful of version threes, I hate your damn monitor. :P

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Josh Avatar
Andrew McGivery Avatar

This. This. This. A THOUSAND TIMES THIS. SO, as a designer of a handful of version threes, I hate your damn monitor. :P

I don't think he has it anymore, does he? I thought that was just the issue back in the beginning and the rest of the skins have been the same size for consistency's sake.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Idk. Everything I have ever done design wise for SZ(including some concepts I did a few months ago) had to be either fixed width, no wider than 750 or so pixels or fluid with a minimum width no wider than 750. Mandated by Chris despite my many protests. :P

newfieldgrafix
Yeah I see this all the time, I have a good 900 spare pixels...

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
1) Back when SZ was founded, 700 pixel widths was the standard. Since then, we haven't had a new template that was in the "fluid width" phase of PB. :P That didn't help

2) Yes, we want 800x600 support. v2 actually has special coding to work for 800x600 by removing the side wires. However, the 800x600 and normal template can actually be different... we've never ruled that out Josh. :P As in, different headers if you want.

3) Nothing will be done about the current templates unfortunately. Sorry.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Ok, Chris, we have a problem here. You never once informed me we could do different shit for the different resolutions. After all the bitching I did about SO's freaking 800x600 monitor, you never thought it was a good idea to tell me that we could do that? :P If I am ever in Cambridge, I am kicking your ass.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I swear I told you. :P and if you're in Cambridge, I'll be in Omaha most likely. Just sayin'

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
You're in Cambridge more than Omaha each year, right? :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
But said times you'd be out here are probably when I'd be home. :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling