Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
To follow up on James' point, black will also sell more because, as one of my friends pointed out, people wanna be "dark" and "edgy". Black is trendy.

To answer Twiggy, this is the 5th generation. The series has had numerous releases, but this is only the 5th new set of Pokemon.

Eric, though that hard mode is definitely interesting, I think that some of the rules are a little...dumb. Only one Pokemon from each area? How 'bout just one of each Pokemon? That makes more sense. Obviously you didn't come up with the rules, but still.

Last Edit: May 14, 2010 4:37:45 GMT by Lucifer

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Also, yeah, I highly doubt there will be any race issue over the naming. Do people not drive black cars? Do people not drive white cars? That level of racism is just insanely stupid, and I don't think there's really anyone who thinks like that.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Eric Avatar
Also, yeah, I highly doubt there will be any race issue over the naming. Do people not drive black cars? Do people not drive white cars? That level of racism is just insanely stupid, and I don't think there's really anyone who thinks like that.

Most of the people I talk to are joking about how there will be a racial controversy over it because...well...for the same reasons there's ever bullshit controversy. However, I'm afraid that when enough attention gets drawn to it, someone actually will start a crusade against it. Yes, people drive black cars and white cars, but they're never given just the two options juxtaposed together. That's what this is, so it's obviously implying that the title is more than just a name, but a clever reference to the cultural struggles between blacks and whites. Clearly.

Kim

Kim Avatar
Lets get messy

Dedicated Member

June 2009
I didn't have a clue about this, but now I am excited. :D
Zatch Design 3.0 now released!
Participate in our £10 / $17 Design Competition!

Exanium

Exanium Avatar
We so excited.

Official Member

May 2010
Pokemon... I completely forgot about Pokemon, I use to collect and trace the cards when I was little :P Lol, I've only played one of the video games. Which was Pearl I think :)

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Ha. I'm willing to bet that the white version sells far more than the black version. Why/ Note that all previous games of pokemon have always had a legendary on the box art (excepting Gen I and its remakes), corresponding to the title's cover. What are the only two Pokemon legendaries with black and white colouring? Arceus and Darkrai. And as we all know, Arceus > Darkrai. Therefore the white version will sell more.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Quinine Avatar
Ha. I'm willing to bet that the white version sells far more than the black version. Why/ Note that all previous games of pokemon have always had a legendary on the box art (excepting Gen I and its remakes), corresponding to the title's cover. What are the only two Pokemon legendaries with black and white colouring? Arceus and Darkrai. And as we all know, Arceus > Darkrai. Therefore the white version will sell more.

No, because this will have 5th generation legendaries, so those won't be the featured Pokemon of these games.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
I thought it was agreed above that the whole legendaries thing was exhausted. Also, c'mon. What potential designs could GameFreak make black and white and legendary without looking totally unoriginal?

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Quinine Avatar
I thought it was agreed above that the whole legendaries thing was exhausted. Also, c'mon. What potential designs could GameFreak make black and white and legendary without looking totally unoriginal?

Well, though I agree with them being exhausted, I don't think that's gonna stop them. Perhaps they'll stop trying to trump previous versions and they'll just make something cooler. And they won't necessarily be black and white. Look at the Diamond/Pearl legendaries. They only vaguely match the color scheme.

Exanium

Exanium Avatar
We so excited.

Official Member

May 2010
??? I'm lost. No pokemon knowledge :P

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Remember, all the pokemon displayed on box art have had a special relation to each other. In addition, there is no way to obtain Arceus in the wild bar hacking.

Also, does anyone here want to share Friend Codes?

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Quinine Avatar
Remember, all the pokemon displayed on box art have had a special relation to each other. In addition, there is no way to obtain Arceus in the wild bar hacking.

What's your point?

And sure. Just PM me.

Exanium

Exanium Avatar
We so excited.

Official Member

May 2010
Hmm, It's sad there isn't many Pokemon games out there on gaming PLATFORMS only DS and PSP and such :/

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Exanium Avatar
Hmm, It's sad there isn't many Pokemon games out there on gaming PLATFORMS only DS and PSP and such :/

Just DS as far as handhelds go, actually, but there are plenty of games on Gamecube and N64. I'm sure there'll be a release for the Wii eventually.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Lucifer Avatar
Quinine Avatar

What's your point?

And sure. Just PM me.

My point is that your 'Arceus and Darkrai are Gen IV therefore they won't be in a Gen V game' point is invalid.

newBookmarkLockedFalling