Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
But I thought it was an interesting idea and I'd suggest it anyways.

Could you create a code for this place that alerts you when you'ved been quoted in a thread?

I mean, I realize it would probably have quite a few bugs. I was thinking if somebody presses the "quote" button it sends you an alert? Which would mean you could get some false alerts. Or maybe if they pressed "Quote" then "Post" in that posting box, then maybe you get an alert? Or maybe we could make it manual so that the person themself has to press a button on the other person's post that says "Quote Alert" or something.

I don't know D: I thought it would be a unique/interesting concept. Especially since I know that I sometimes don't realize I've been quoted and don't check a thread again- especially if I'm quoted much later in that thread.
[/size]
Signature coming~

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I imagine this would have to be server side, which isn't possible to do.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Josh Avatar
I imagine this would have to be server side, which isn't possible to do.

Ah, well. It was an idea P:
[/size]
Signature coming~

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
The best I could do is make it so that if you click "View Recent Posts" (which shows the 100 most recent posts), it scans those recent posts and tells you if you've been quoted.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Chris Avatar
The best I could do is make it so that if you click "View Recent Posts" (which shows the 100 most recent posts), it scans those recent posts and tells you if you've been quoted.

8D That would work.
[/size]
Signature coming~

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Actually, I think that'd be best done as a GreaseMonkey script. Would you have any complaints about me doing that? :)

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Chris Avatar
Actually, I think that'd be best done as a GreaseMonkey script. Would you have any complaints about me doing that? :)

xD I wouldn't care, to be honest. I didn't think it was feasible if the first place, so just that it's been taken seriously and might be done is good enough for me :3 So, do whatever you can.
[/size]
Signature coming~

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
It's only feasible for as many "recent posts" as are shown per forum. In SZ's case, this is 100. In PB's case, it's 10 by default though... so it isn't the most useful.

newBookmarkLockedFalling