Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

MaD IcHaBoD HaTTeR

MaD IcHaBoD HaTTeR Avatar
Why is a raven like a writing table?

Official Member

November 2009
Hi! I'm in need of help. Its for an alliance website. I have a Skinner ( Toshiru)working on the skin. but he needs help coding the buttons and what not.

So I was wondering if there are any brave and adventurous people out there who would be will to help on this little project of ours.

You don't have to do all of it, You could if u had the time, but you could do just the buttons or links or what not.

I'm looking for a couple of you to split the work but in the end it all has to work together and what not.

Idea Man- Hatter
Skin Man- Toshiru
Coders- ????? looking for 2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 coders or more if y'all interested....its for a alliance site. for the game OGame (science fiction, outer space) .

theres really no time period for this to be done but i need to know if people will do something with this or not.

MaD IcHaBoD HaTTeR

Official Member

November 2009
the amount of coders needed is- as many as i can get for this project..

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
what all would need to be done? :P

And what are you looking for? javascript? html? php?
k

MaD IcHaBoD HaTTeR

Official Member

November 2009
Well coding for buttons and some flash would be needed. as well as forum placement and whatever else Toshiru would need to make the site flow.

there would also be some fading boxes a neat mini profile with info setting as well as music if at all possible. The coding would also have to include the usual separate tables with headers and footers as well as avatars and quick reply.

the Info box would have to be moved to the right hand column and all the links would be on the left with a banner at top and what not. The login page would have to change with a emblem background and a log on button that would morph into the log on box normally seen.

Everything would have to color coordinate. Personally i don't care if its JavaScript, HTML, and php, c ++, and anything else that you can come up with as long as when all is said and done it works together nicely.

I'm not asking one person to do all of it cause that's unfair and it would probably take them forever and a day to complete. But this is a project that has some very real possibilities for coders to make there mark.

There's probably much more then this and even now i don't know what toshiru is having trouble with. Right now all i need to know is who i can count on for coders to at least take a stab at it.

Ill get a list from Toshiru on possible coding issues and what not. If anyone would like to take a stab i'll can get you some info in a pm. But mostly i will post a list this thread for simplicity sake and mod the list as things get done.

THIS PROJECT IS WHERE CODERS CAN MAKE THERE MARK ON SITE DEVELOPMENT. and all you grand coders can too.

Last Edit: Jun 23, 2010 3:05:12 GMT by MaD IcHaBoD HaTTeR

MaD IcHaBoD HaTTeR

Official Member

November 2009
ill even put a space for your mark at the btm of the site!

Toshiru

Toshiru Avatar

Dedicated Member

June 2010
Okay, as promised I did a quick go at it. All I did was the top bar (which i still need to work) and one button.

wimg.co.uk/tfP.jpg
Send me a message and we can talk about design forums.

MaD IcHaBoD HaTTeR

Official Member

November 2009
Toshiru Avatar
Okay, as promised I did a quick go at it. All I did was the top bar (which i still need to work) and one button.

wimg.co.uk/tfP.jpg

Looks real nice!!! ;D

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
so... is this a "website" or a proboard?
k

MaD IcHaBoD HaTTeR

Official Member

November 2009
its a proboard. I just need some things moved around.

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
And you need more than one coder for this?

MaD IcHaBoD HaTTeR

Official Member

November 2009
well im not a coder so i don't know how long it would take for someone to code the site.

Besides, the forum is designed in a different way then I've seen before. Simie, take a look at a couple of post up from this and tell me how long it would take you to code that.

Last Edit: Jun 24, 2010 0:08:35 GMT by MaD IcHaBoD HaTTeR

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
A few days?

The main concern with it is that the background would not fit screens with large resolution, so it would either take a long time to download a large image or look stretched.

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
There are no boards in the concept? Or Ads as a matter of fact =/

MaD IcHaBoD HaTTeR

Official Member

November 2009
there are. its just a pic. of what he's done so far.

Does anyone know the game OGame? they recently did a massive revamp of there site and i love how it turned out. The Question was and is can we duplicated it and turn it into a proboards skin.

Last Edit: Jun 24, 2010 18:34:04 GMT by MaD IcHaBoD HaTTeR

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Watch out on duplicating it for copyright violation.

And for coding an entire PB... I can recode all of a versino of SZ in about 5 hours, tops. It's just a matter of the coder, familiarity with PB, and what you need done. :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling