Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
Why don't you guys do tutorials? I don't ever see any good ones...I bet since you have the best coders you can put together a pretty good tutorial. My suggestion for a tutorial is "How to build a PM bar" (mainly because i need to know but that is beside the point :P)
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Mainly because no one wants to make tutorials. They're time consuming and the majority of the people here who can make them are all working full/part time and going to college full/part time.

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
well...that would explain things. It is just so hard for us Noobs to learn JS. I can do some javascript but i never see how it applies to proboards...I think Good tuts would be a great asset to you guys
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Have you looked at the Open Source board? It's the alternative to tutorials because tutorials take a long time to write. Instead, with OS, we just have to post the code we wrote, typically with comments. That way you have the code, comments, and can play with it how you want.

Also, we have some damn good tutorials. :P They just aren't beginner level unfortunately.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
The OS is definitely a good foothold. And you're always free to post any questions. =)

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
If your looking to code your own PM bar, try fooling around and seeing what you can get, and if you get stuck along the way, there is ample help here to guide you down the right path :)

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
I may be writing a series of tutorials in the near future. It is on my list of possible projects, but like josh said, full time work + full time school coming up in September :P
k

newBookmarkLockedFalling