Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

ScottCool

ScottCool Avatar

November 2005
pro-media.proboards.com/

Opinions and rates please.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Please note that I tend to focus on negatives: my overall rating may seem harsh.

In summation: It's a forum we all knew and loved with a bland design that is unattractive and uninviting, unintuitive navigation but which has godly coding.

To be honest, it looks like the graphics of Windows 98 were combined with the features of Windows 7. The grayness is totally unappealing and pulls the design and likeability factor way way down. In addition, the lack of anything eye catching on the front page past the banner repells. So does the lame font with no link colour.

Spelling and grammar mistakes abound. 'Today' is capitalized. Possessive apostrophes are not where they should be, or are non-existant. 'promedia' is not capitalized. 'By' is capitalized. And 'apart' does not make contextual sense. And that's just the first page.

We've got a bit of Mystery Meat happening on down at the bottom. Sure, the cart means 'Shop'. But the little guys on a square? Do I get to play chess, or something? If I click the weird colourful square, do I get a Vista theme? If I click the heart monitor, do I get the phone number of a random hospital?

On the default banner, what's up with the games controller on the far right? Everything else is aligned neatly, and then this random thing pops up at a weird perspective? Throws the whole banner off. The gallery system is neat but the images are resized terribly.

Overall, the coding of the site is really well done, but some horrifying graphics destroy... welll... almost everything, including your visitor count, which was down to about 2 members and 26 guests in the past 24 hours.

:: rate 1 ::

If you fix those issues, and I admit it wouldn't be easy, this would qualify for a :: rate 5 ::

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
just want to say that the button at the bottom have rollover tooltips for what they are :P
k

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
It's not instantly obvious, and potential members will have already been turned away before they begin to poke around.

ScottCool

ScottCool Avatar

November 2005
Try it now, its been updated.

Toshiru

Toshiru Avatar

Dedicated Member

June 2010
I think it would look so much better if it was like a standard forum. So basically I remove JS on my browser and it's great.
Send me a message and we can talk about design forums.

ScottCool

ScottCool Avatar

November 2005

newBookmarkLockedFalling