Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
I don't drive but i want an F-250
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Joe Kerr Avatar

With gas prices? Have fun. Even a 150 is better I'm betting. :P

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Chris Avatar
Joe Kerr Avatar

Nope. My dad has a 2000 F-150 with a 5-speed and the absolute best mileage we can get out of it is 17.5mpg.

My friend Sam has a 2004 F-250, with a 6-speed manual (and manual hubs, btw), and he's seen 24mpg out of it.

A manual F-250 will get better mileage than an F-150 or a Ranger, because of the gear ratios, despite more power available.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I still think driving either unless you're using them for work related reasons is absolute overkill.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Chris Avatar
I still think driving either unless you're using them for work related reasons is absolute overkill.

You'll get better mileage out of that F-250 than you will your blazer, a Jeep, or any other smaller, 4WD vehicle. The only thing that can compete mileage wise, and still be a truck, is the Colorado/Canyon. You'll be able to get better mileage out of an AWD Subaru, of course, but that doesn't give you the versatility of a truck.

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
Chris Avatar
Joe Kerr Avatar

yea well i prob wont get one for a while ;D
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

Paradox

Paradox Avatar
Formerly, Jam-Legalize.

Official Member

June 2008
I get the bus. FREE BUS PASS!

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Jim Avatar

You'll get better mileage out of that F-250 than you will your blazer, a Jeep, or any other smaller, 4WD vehicle. The only thing that can compete mileage wise, and still be a truck, is the Colorado/Canyon. You'll be able to get better mileage out of an AWD Subaru, of course, but that doesn't give you the versatility of a truck.

I had a 89 Cherokee, that thing sucked for gas milage.

We have a 2000 Cherokee and the absolute best we've seen out of it is 18mpg. My friend Sam (same with the F-250, actually) has an 87 Cherokee and he'll see 20mpg out of it, assuming most of that is highway of course.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
How the hell do you guys get such good mileage out of SUVs? I get 18 on my VUE if I'm lucky. ><

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Josh Avatar
Xylish Avatar
So while you boys play with your American cars. I prefer my good o' efficient Japanese one right here:

But being a dentist negates any car efficiency you may have.

That is when I start getting myself some Deutschland machine such as Audi R8, Mercedes or a BMW. Though it's going to take a while...

But in all honesty..I do not get why many people in the states are obesessed about a moving tank of a SUV which burns fuels like drinking a bottle of coke.

Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Xylish Avatar
Josh Avatar

That is when I start getting myself some Deutschland machine such as Audi R8, Mercedes or a BMW. Though it's going to take a while...

But in all honesty..I do not get why many people in the states are obesessed about a moving tank of a SUV which burns fuels like drinking a bottle of coke.

I'd love to have a better car fuel wise, but I just cannot give up the convenience of AWD during a harsh Michigan winter.

And gas is really cheap here compared to the rest of the world because the government subsidizes it. People don't see it as burning gas when it only costs them $30 a week to drive their car.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Josh Avatar
How the hell do you guys get such good mileage out of SUVs? I get 18 on my VUE if I'm lucky. ><

I'm not heavy on the gas when I drive, unless I'm in something with a 4-cylinder.

Plus, when Robert drove it all the time, he'd be driving 35 miles back and forth to work, most of which was on the highway.

Xylish Avatar
Josh Avatar

The AWD/4WD. When driving in winter, it is so very, very useful to have. Yes, you can get by with FWD, and with RWD if you're careful on the throttle, but you simply can't beat havint the AWD/FWD for getting around, especially by where I live where it is a very hilly environment and gets a lot of snow. Some days I really can't go anywhere because I don't have a truck/SUV.

Last Edit: Aug 8, 2010 19:31:49 GMT by Jim

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
I drive a crappy little 2000 Ford Focus. I will be driving an Audi A4. Don't ask me when, but hopefully, soon.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Eric Avatar
I drive a crappy little 2000 Ford Focus. I will be driving an Audi A4. Don't ask me when, but hopefully, soon.

Go big or don't go at all. R8 or bust.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Josh Avatar
Eric Avatar

Go big or don't go at all. R8 or bust.
Yeah, well my next car is an Audi A4. The one after that could be R8. I've wanted one since they came out with it.

newBookmarkLockedFalling