Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
That pretty much sums up my hate for the internet here in New Zealand. We have a wireless internet connection with our ISP directly, and marketed 1mbit up/down.

Well, they recently have a policy (one month ago, we have been using the company for about a year!!!) that they are capping us to have 100g a month for a flat of 4 people, even though they advertised us a "true unlimited wireless broadband". Really annoying me as our whole flat pretty much clocked about 111gb.

And guess what, their speeds are not what they lived up to be, I get a direct downloads off international websites for about 110kb/s MAX.

How is your internet connection in your area? Is it cheaper and faster without any bandwidth limitations? It seems in terms of technology, the grass is greener when you go out of New Zealand...
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Tartarus

Tartarus Avatar

Official Member

June 2010
Except if you head over to Australia, it's just as bad here.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Tartarus Avatar
Except if you head over to Australia, it's just as bad here.

Unless Gillard is spewing bullshit, the national broadband network is supposed to be ultra-fast.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
according to the campanies website, I have a download speed of 10mbps and an upload speed of 512 kbps with a max cap of 60gb. :P
k

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
According to MIT... well, I dunno. :P I get what I want at extreme speeds.

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Chris Avatar
According to MIT... well, I dunno. :P I get what I want at extreme speeds.

I'm moving over to Boston. Got a place to crash for me? I really want some of the internet speeds advertised in USA.
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
The internet is publicly accessible if you're on campus, for the most part... :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling