Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Yep. A 7.1 Quake just hit my hometown yesterday. Kinda lucky that I left the town about 2 days before this big one struck. The epicentre is about 40km away from my house. ><

www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/09/03/new.zealand.quake/index.html?npt=NP1

www.stuff.co.nz/national/4097663/Quake-Key-information

Since then, we had more than 50 aftershocks and a large part of our CBD is down.

I'll be heading up sometime this/next week back to my house to check the house and fill out some insurance claim forms.

Really surprised that this happened...><
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
You live in the Ring of Fire, an area known as much for its earthquakes as it is known for volcanoes. How are you surprised? :P

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Josh Avatar
You live in the Ring of Fire, an area known as much for its earthquakes as it is known for volcanoes. How are you surprised? :P

Yeah, and Frodo saves the day :P

Nah, most of the filming is done on the North Island. So we're safe from the ring of fire :P

I kinda expected a big earthquake to hit us one day..but not 2 days after I left my hometown to Unitown xD
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

perishingflames

perishingflames Avatar

Dedicated Member

March 2007
Doesn't a fault literally run right through New Zealand? Why would an earthquake occurring be surprising? :P

Sucks though, hope your home is ok.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
The timing is slightly surprising, but other than that, it's kinda expected.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Been meaning to ask this... why is your city called Christchurch? Is it like... more Christian than the Vatican? The name certainly makes it out to be. :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Josh Avatar
Been meaning to ask this... why is your city called Christchurch? Is it like... more Christian than the Vatican? The name certainly makes it out to be. :P

Why is Detroit called Detroit? :P It's just a name last I checked.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Chris Avatar
Josh Avatar

Why is Detroit called Detroit? :P It's just a name last I checked.

Detroit is French for strait. If you've ever been to Detroit, you would know that it is a perfect meaning for the city. :P Which brings me back to my original question (since Chris helped me more than hurt me like he wanted), is your city a very Christian place? lol

newBookmarkLockedFalling