Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
"Bastion is the first title from Supergiant Games, an original action role-playing game set in a lush imaginative world, in which players must create and fight for civilization’s last refuge."

Source: supergiantgames.com

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX48y24t9iU

At first glance, Bastion seems like your run-of-the-mill action RPG. What appealed to me most when I first saw the trailer were the visuals. Beautiful, vibrant colors and fluid character movements along with detailed terrain give this game a unique look.

However, after watching a few news bits about it, there's more to this game than just pretty colors. A lot of the buzz surrounding this game came from PAX (Penny Arcade Expo), specifically for the style of storytelling. The narration is done in real-time. As you destroy enemies or travel to new areas in the game, a "mysterious voice" chronicles your actions referring to you only as "the kid".

The narrator will reveal parts of the story as you play, aswell as hint at how to kill an enemy or to move to a different part of the map. From what I've read, it's supposed to be very intuitive.

Aside from that, the combat system is (as said by one of the developers) "very action oriented and designed to reward finesse". Which means, it will allow you to develop a style of play as far as dodging/attacking.

I for one, am very effing excited for this. :o :)

Bastion is set for a 2011 release. Expect to see it on Xbox and PC. I hear it will be released for other consoles aswell, though nothing confirmed yet. For more information about Bastion or Supergiant Games, check out the links below. See the video in the third link down for the best preview of the narration.

1) supergiantgames.com/site/?page_id=242

2) kotaku.com/5627251/the-last-bastion-of-isometric-action+rpgs

3) www.indiegames.com/blog/2010/09/trailer_bastion_supergiant_gam.html

Last Edit: Sept 9, 2010 20:53:57 GMT by Deko

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
I'm bumping this because no one commented on it (assholes), but also because it was just released on Steam. I'm hoping someone will geek out about this game with me.

newBookmarkLockedFalling