Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

newfieldgrafix
Can't see anything for the toolbars, Aryna.

I have to go clense myself *shudder* toolbars...

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Anyra: Interesting, you are using Windows Vista and running multiple toolbars in Firefox...how the heck doe your machine cope?

Zell: Same to you with Vista...>< And pirate languages on FB has been there for a while..I don't really mess with the language option in FB as well so I only know about it last year ^^;;
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Joe: Is your FB in English? :P I've always been curious which language you used.

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
Xylish Avatar
Anyra: Interesting, you are using Windows Vista and running multiple toolbars in Firefox...how the heck doe your machine cope?

I defragment the ram and run virus checks every week, although it generally ends up being every other day, but, other than that, I don't know..... I never really thought about that.......

newfieldgrafix
You do a RAM defrag!?

You know RAM is volatile memory right? Once the power is off, the RAM is cleared.

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
And I'm pretty much perpetually on the computer. It only gets shut down when I remember to turn it off before going to sleep. So, yeah. Plus, I'm used to 512 megabytes of RAM.........

newfieldgrafix
Sounds to me like you could use a shutdown once in a while.

A RAM defrag is utterly pointless, nothing besides retroactive maintenance will aide much. Even then, unless you're on a server, there's still no point.

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Sept 13, 2010 21:34:16 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:

A RAM defrag is utterly pointless, nothing besides retroactive maintenance will aide much. Even then, unless you're on a server, there's still no point.

It wasn't when I had my old laptop, it actually did some good then, and yes, I know. I could, but I always seem to forget..... Ah well, that's what sticky notes are for.

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Chris Avatar
Joe: Is your FB in English? :P I've always been curious which language you used.

Only in English because it is the original interface language. I do use Chinese and Japanese at times but it seems really unnatural to me as those interface translations seemed off (in the case of Japanese, it sounds TOO polite!).
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

newfieldgrafix
Aryna Avatar
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Sept 13, 2010 21:34:16 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:

It wasn't when I had my old laptop, it actually did some good then, and yes, I know. I could, but I always seem to forget..... Ah well, that's what sticky notes are for.

Like an IT Placebo.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Xylish Avatar
Chris Avatar

Only in English because it is the original interface language. I do use Chinese and Japanese at times but it seems really unnatural to me as those interface translations seemed off (in the case of Japanese, it sounds TOO polite!).

Got an example of how polite it is?

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Chris Avatar
Xylish Avatar

Got an example of how polite it is?

I can't find a fine example now...but it always adds "-さん" (-san) behind each name. Such as Chrisさん, Joshさん, Joeさん...

I know it is normal in Japan to do this but darn...adding honoriffics after getting so used to English just calling everyone by their First names directly feels a bit too polite for me.

newfieldgrafix
はい、です。

Personally, I cringe when someone uses "San". I prefer "Chan" for some reason. I rarely use "Watashi" too. In general conversation, I'll use "Ataii".

newBookmarkLockedFalling