Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
So... two years ago, Nine Inch Nails gave an album to the fans for free called "The Slip," with Trent Reznor specifically saying, "This one is on me, guys." Not long thereafter, they announced they would retire from active touring. A group of fans got together and recorded the final three or so shows for the Bright Lights In The Sky Tour, the second to last tour NiN were to do (the last being NiN|JA with Jane's Addiction). From an unbelievable amount of different angles using HD cameras. Their plan? To distribute the concerts to any NiN fan who wished to have it, calling the project, "This one is on us." A project for the fans, by the fans.

I signed up for a free DVD the day it was announced. I was excited as hell at the prospect and the first video to be released (Hyperpower, I believe) was damn good, even if the audio was a bit off. I never thought I would actually receive the damn thing, having not paid a single cent.

I came home from class today to see a package I wasn't expecting lying on the table. I picked it up and tried to figure what the hell it could be and then it dawned on me that it was Another Version of the Truth. The guys at TOIOU came through and I actually received my copy. Better yet, it looks like a professional release. Multiple camera angles, each chosen with precision. Three discs. Professionally done menus, printed disc labels, a full color booklet and DVD insert, and even a fucking bumper sticker.

I was having an incredibly shitty day up until I opened that package. I now feel guilty for getting this for free and already emailed the TOIOU team asking how I could donate to them. The work that went into it is worth $15-20 from me without a doubt.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
That sounds great. I'm not a huge NIN fan, but I appreciate his talent and there are some songs that I absolutely love.

newBookmarkLockedFalling