Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
As usual, there are about 800 more shows than there needs to be, and about 798 of them suck. There are a couple of decent ones though. Here are some of my picks (all of which are on crunchyroll).

----

Squid Girl

- It's pretty ridiculous. It's a decent comedy. Definitely could stand to be a bit funnier though. =/

Demon Girl Zakuro

- Overall, it's kinda bland… and girly. It does have its moments though. I cracked up a few times during the first episode. The story is also interesting enough to keep me attached. I may lose interest after a few episodes, but I'm sticking with it for now.

The World God Only Knows

- I like this one. It's not the greatest, but I find it very entertaining. It has plenty of the "overreaction" humor that seems to be so popular with anime though. That kinda starts to get old after one or twelve times.

Heaven's Lost Property: Forte

- A sequel, and I did watch the first season. Just as with its predecessor, this anime is the one that I do not want to watch, but end up watching anyway. It kinda has that magnetic pull. Once I watched one episode, I had to watch the rest. I'm not sure how the studio pulled that off. Keep that in mind if any of you decide to give it a shot.

*NOTE: The first season was also available on crunchyroll, but it got pulled when Funimation licensed it. It should be available through them in the near future.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd here are the ones that I'm probably going to ignore:

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt

Think American cartoon written by Japanese people and 80x more obscene. I watched the first episode just for the hell of it, and uhhhhh wow. Panty slept with four or five different guys throughout the episode, taking a break only to fight a giant feces monster and stop some car spirit. That last part (car spirit) ended up in a decently entertaining car chase scene, but the rest was, like I said, uhhhhh wow. I might try another episode if it picks up, but it doesn't look like it'll ever pick up.

Detective Opera Milky Holmes

They lost their powers and dignity within five minutes and spent the rest of the episode... not really caring about either. Was something supposed to happen there? JC Staff, did you forget to add in a plot again? I'll give it one more episode before officially giving up on it.

----

Alright, so anybody else watching anything from this season? Anything different from what I'm watching? If so, does it suck? The answer is probably yes, but it can't hurt to ask, right?
wat

newBookmarkLockedFalling