Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
It's been out for over a full week now. Anybody else picked it up yet?

My take on the game: very fun. However, it has one fatal problem: it was released too early. The game itself is pretty well polished. Well, with the exception of a few bugs. To my understanding, online play is pretty much a joke at this point. That seems to be the case with just about every rhythm game on the market though. Not the best trend...

Anyway, everything BUT the game itself wasn't ready at the time of release. The MIDI adapter that allows non-controller drums and keyboards to be used as instruments won't be available until the end of the month. The same goes for the Mustang pro guitar controller. News of the Fender Squier Stratocaster controller just got announced stating that it won't be available until March 1 next year. Surely the game could be released a little later so that all of the instruments are available for it at release, right?

And you know what... maybe if they delayed the release a bit more, they would've had enough time to finish the website. Account linking wasn't finished at the time of the release. According to Harmonix, it'll hopefully be ready this week, half of which has already passed.

So yeah, this game should've probably been released at the end of the month. Then, Harmonix would've had time to iron out the remaining bugs with the game, as well as finish the website, and have it released when ALL of the instruments are available for it.

All that aside, it's still a really fun game. I'm not a fan of the overall setlist, but it's still got its highlights. Free Bird (stupid hard on guitar), Bohemian Rhapsody (stupid hard on vocals), Beast and the Harlot (relatively difficult on guitar, stupid hard on drums), etc. Pro drums are awesome. Pro guitar/bass looks like a lot of fun, but requires a minimum $150 investment for the instrument.
wat

newBookmarkLockedFalling