Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Hey all,

I'm in search of some different types of games. Currently, all I have been playing is FPS (Halo, COD - actually that's all).. But I want some others, preferably ones with as similar game play (and style etc) to any of the below. I don't want any type of shooter:

Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Blade
Dante's Inferno
X-Men Origins: Wolverine

(Xbox 360 by the way)

I know that not everyone will like all, or possibly any of those games, but personally I like them. I love the fast paced type of fighting games like those.

Also, I understand that basically, Ninja Blade and Ninja Gaiden are more or less very very similar.

They don't have to be new. They could be a few years old or whatever.
I'm not fussed so long as it/they is/are decent enough and similar to the above 4.

To possibly help give ideas, I posted this else where (on the Bungie forums) and someone suggested:

Devil May Cry + Bayonetta

I youtubed game play for them and they actually do look great and the type of games I am looking for.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Assassin's Creed. Seriously the best non-shooter games ever made, and there is a third one coming out on Tuesday. :D

richardgary1223
have you looked into street fighter IV / Soul calibur IV, stinkeh?

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Josh Avatar
Assassin's Creed. Seriously the best non-shooter games ever made, and there is a third one coming out on Tuesday. :D

You're about the 3rd or 4th person to suggest A.C.
I have the first one, but I have never played it. I played the training bit, but didn't even complete that because I was doing it on my bro's Xbox, and thsi was about a year ago.
I now own the first one because he gave me it (or I traded it with him, I dunno).

Silly question but, I assume playing the first would be the better option?
Some games I have gone straight to the newest and played, and with doing so loved it more because gameplay, graphics etc are better (take MW2 for example, I had never played any other COD game. I played MW2 then played all the others lol).

richardgary1223 Avatar
Nov 14, 2010 16:24:12 GMT @richardgary1223 said:
have you looked into street fighter IV / Soul calibur IV, stinkeh?

Street Fighter, doesn't really look as fun as what Tekken 6 or Soul Calibur IV are, sadly.
I own and LOVE S.C IV. I over-played it quite a lot lol.
The style of it, and moves etc is just fantastic.

Toshiru

Toshiru Avatar

Dedicated Member

June 2010
Bayonetta is one hell of a game. Really really fast pace.
Send me a message and we can talk about design forums.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I've never played the first Assassin's Creed, only the second. Just got the email from Newegg saying Brotherhood has shipped, too. From what I have heard from my friends, AC1 sucked. It was cool to play, but the controls were hard to do. AC2 is a continuation of the outside story but the inside story (you'll understand after you play) is a completely different one. So it really doesn't matter. I wouldn't start with Brotherhood, though, since that is a direct sequel to AC2

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Devil May Cry for sure. God of War is another to check out if you have a PS2/PS3 handy.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Toshiru Avatar
Bayonetta is one hell of a game. Really really fast pace.

Tried the demo for it earlier, and I am very impressed by it. I really can imagine myself playing and enjoying it.

Josh Avatar
I've never played the first Assassin's Creed, only the second. Just got the email from Newegg saying Brotherhood has shipped, too. From what I have heard from my friends, AC1 sucked. It was cool to play, but the controls were hard to do. AC2 is a continuation of the outside story but the inside story (you'll understand after you play) is a completely different one. So it really doesn't matter. I wouldn't start with Brotherhood, though, since that is a direct sequel to AC2

I'm going to get Bayonetta and do that but then I'm actually going to attempt AC (only the first one though). I can imagine AC2 is still expensive since I don't think it's that old, right?

Lucifer Avatar
Devil May Cry for sure. God of War is another to check out if you have a PS2/PS3 handy.

I tried the demo for DMC4 earlier. I liked it, yet sort of had doubts about it. Overall though I did like it, but I'm unsure on whether it's one I'd want to buy and play the full game of.
I have a PS2 but never play that anymore, haven't for over a year (since I got my 360). Definitely though, if I had a PS3 I'd get God of War.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Well, you have a PS2 laying around and I'm sure you could pick up the first 3 DMC games and the first 2 God of War games for likely under $50. I mean, you don't play it anymore because you don't have a reason. Just sayin'. You're missing out on some great games that are probably fairly cheap right now.

Alex

Alex Avatar

Official Member

April 2009
ac1 blows. it's stale as hell. if you're considering getting ac, then play ac1 for a bit and if you like the general idea just wait for brotherhood. ac2 is a damn fine game, but it's probably not worth getting. the storyline throughout the series is abysmal.

or, just keep playing reach.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Alex Avatar
ac1 blows. it's stale as hell. if you're considering getting ac, then play ac1 for a bit and if you like the general idea just wait for brotherhood. ac2 is a damn fine game, but it's probably not worth getting. the storyline throughout the series is abysmal.

The storyline in AC2 is actually pretty awesome...

Alex

Alex Avatar

Official Member

April 2009
Josh Avatar
Alex Avatar

the whole simulation thing is what I find terrible, which does connect ac1 to ac2 and presumably will connect to brotherhood.

the story while you're an assassin is solid enough, but I wouldn't say it's worth dropping an extra $30 on with brotherhood coming out in a few days.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Alex Avatar
Josh Avatar

the whole simulation thing is what I find terrible, which does connect ac1 to ac2 and presumably will connect to brotherhood.

the story while you're an assassin is solid enough, but I wouldn't say it's worth dropping an extra $30 on with brotherhood coming out in a few days.

And why not? Brotherhood isn't an expansion, it's a full game. Just because it's not AC3, doesn't mean it's just a side project of the devs. That and the online multiplayer actually looks pretty awesome. Different, that's for sure.

Alex

Alex Avatar

Official Member

April 2009
Josh Avatar
Alex Avatar

And why not? Brotherhood isn't an expansion, it's a full game. Just because it's not AC3, doesn't mean it's just a side project of the devs. That and the online multiplayer actually looks pretty awesome. Different, that's for sure.

sorry I guess I wasn't clear. I meant I wouldn't bother getting a copy of ac2 with brotherhood coming out

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Ah. Gotcha. Yeah, I thought you were saying not to get Brotherhood because it's just an expansion. Honestly, though, playing AC2 first would be a better idea since the story inside the chair is a direct sequel and would you really argue with $30 for a 40 or so hour campaign?

newBookmarkLockedFalling