Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Kim

Kim Avatar
Lets get messy

Dedicated Member

June 2009
Zatch Design is a brand new design forum to hit the Proboards Scene.
You can participate in contests, show off your artwork, battle other designers and much more.

zatchdesign.proboards.com
Zatch Design 3.0 now released!
Participate in our £10 / $17 Design Competition!

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Just a bunch of minor things... I'll bold the main point and then elaborate. No particular order. Also, don't take offense... I focus on the negative, not the positive. A piece of work is only as good as the worst part... so improve the worst, and it gets better... usually. :P

The +/- for collapse on the categories is not spaced consistently. The space between the right border and the bottom border next to them is not equal. It seems out of place. I'd place them either evenly or actually center it vertically. Both would be an improvement over the current placement.

Menu text touches the banner. And the date. Basically, the bottom of them should be at least one pixel above it. Stuff should not run together like that. Poor reading and is actually harder to read.

White text for links is slightly hard to read on the orange BG. Just darken it oh-so-slightly? It could really come down to brightness settings, which is a bitch when designing.

The quick login isn't centered. Everything else in that helpful "top" table (for lack of a better word) is centered, but the quick login isn't. I notice this especially with the social links.

"Login to Search" is bull. You don't need to be logged in. I edited your code and ran it and bam. I was able to search. Just let guests search. Forcing people to register just makes them leave.

Your nav tree colors need to be darker. The ":: Home" text is like impossible to see. Darken it please.

Info center text is a different size. It is not consistent with the rest of the text across the forum that is in those orange oval-things.

Your front page is highly customized, but the rest is not. You get past the front page, and the rest just feels lacking...

Kim

Kim Avatar
Lets get messy

Dedicated Member

June 2009
Thank you for suggesting things to improve on, highly appreciated. :)

However, I am no coder and I have no clue on how to fix these issues. I did have a coder but unfortunatly he is busy to fix any issues. I am also unable to get a coder to help fix the problems.

I have a bunch of concepts such as a thread listing concept, posting template etc but again, I'm unable to find a coder that is willing to give a helping hand so unfortunatly, we only have the main page customized which is quite ashame.

I have plenty of ideas for Zatch Design but until I can find a coder, I'm unable to have them implemented.

All that aside, thanks Chris. :)

Last Edit: Dec 20, 2010 16:01:12 GMT by Kim

loverboiv3

loverboiv3 Avatar

Official Member

February 2011
:: rate 3 ::
Reason: Well, i can not really judge it, I do not like joining sites just to look at them, but ill do what i can for what i saw.

I feel the header could use some spicing up, maybe a pic on the right or maybe just the right brush to set it off.

The text could use some spicing also! no effects or a special font, i understand less is more !sometimes! but in this case it needs some help.

The menu is, well extremely boring. Just text is nothing special for this, maybe have boxes coming off the top of the header like they are connected ( a individual box for each link ) to the header! would look great with a nice gradient in the boxes also with a 3d pixel font. mm sexiness!!

I dearly hope I did not offend you, sincerely trying to help!

Kim

Kim Avatar
Lets get messy

Dedicated Member

June 2009
Thanks loverboii, I do need to spice it up abit as I designed this over a year ago. :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling