Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

PHYsics

PHYsics Avatar

Official Member

November 2010
Fantasy Forum web interface.

stsation.deviantart.com/art/Artist-s-Crescendo-189769796

Comments here and on deviantArt greatly appreciated. :)

Latest artwork: Artist's Crescendo
My Devart

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
I will jump right in the deep end and say what I don't like, as opposed to what I do...
The 6 things I don't think look so great are (top to bottom - left to right)):

1 - Banner Font
2 - The "Share" Icons (Twitter, Facebook etc)
    - Makes it look too unsymmetrical with there being nothing to balance it the right side.
3 - "Welcome", "Date" and "PMs" section
    - Not sure how to explain it, but it just doesn't look right with the overall design (the fade - and also the fact the right side (PMs) are "split" into 2)
4 - Glow and circular images on the announcement table
    - Again, they don't really go with the overall design
5 - Announcement table "text"
    - By this I mean, the fact there are 7 staff on the right side, and only 4 lines of text for news. I just personally prefer it to be even (so 4 and 4, or 7 and 7) :P
6 - Affiliate, Report, Copyright
    - I feel as though these are unfinished and should be green buttons or something.

I wouldn't say any of my dislikes/suggestions are harsh or bad etc. so I hope you don't take any to heart or anything.

PHYsics

PHYsics Avatar

Official Member

November 2010
Thank you very much for the critique, Stinky. I'll get to working on them as soon as I can. :)

Actually, would moving the contact icons down to the footer, such that they are on the same level as the 'To Top', make more sense?

Last Edit: Dec 17, 2010 1:50:06 GMT by PHYsics

My Devart

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
I would agree with all of Stinky's points.

Just one last thing, the font (I think it's Century Gothic) that you've used for the board descriptions, etc. looks really ugh. I can't put it into words very well, but I think it's one of those fonts, that when overused looks annoying (for want of a better word). Use it more exclusively (perhaps only for forum and category titles?) and use Verdana / Arial for everything else.

PHYsics

PHYsics Avatar

Official Member

November 2010
Thank you very much for the comment. :)

My Devart

loverboiv3

loverboiv3 Avatar

Official Member

February 2011
:: rate 3 ::
Reason:

#1: I think the arrows at the top would look GREAT as orbs instead of flat disc's, more of a pop!

#2: I also feel the banner needs more KAPLOW!!
It is boring and doesn't catch my eye, it wouldn't make me wanna go to your site. (but i do like the text besides above the name, a little bigger)

#3: The Glow for announcements is WAY overbearing, tone it back a bit.

#4: Don't think I'm just picking on your design, I actually like it allot! with some adjustments it would be fantastic!!!!

newBookmarkLockedFalling