Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Feather

Feather Avatar
~

Official Member

November 2010
Eh, missed it.
I thought about seeing it, but I had a huge math and chem test the next day, so I gave up and went to bed.

news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Lunar-Eclipse/ss/events/sc/122010lunareclipse

Is the moon really that bright red? Wouldn't it be... more dim? I'll be sure not to miss the next one. :P

Feather

Feather Avatar
~

Official Member

November 2010
Oh, okay.

2096? Are you being sarcastic? eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/lunar.html

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Feather Avatar
Oh, okay.

A full lunar eclipse on the longest night and shortest day, yes. 2096. Obviously you didn't read my first post with all the information on it.

It's not a big deal, since lunar eclipses happen so often. Who cares if it's on the longest night? Damn near always happen a little after midnight anyway, so it's always dark out anyway.

What camera do you have, anyway?

Last Edit: Dec 27, 2010 0:21:12 GMT by Jim

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Feather Avatar
Eh, missed it.
I thought about seeing it, but I had a huge math and chem test the next day, so I gave up and went to bed.

news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Lunar-Eclipse/ss/events/sc/122010lunareclipse

Is the moon really that bright red? Wouldn't it be... more dim? I'll be sure not to miss the next one. :P

I hope that was sarcastic, because the next one is 2096. And no, it isnt that bright. Heres pics I took. My camera is amazing, just so you know. However, getting a pic from lightyears away isnt really the easiest thing.

To the others: Oh, and don't say "Wow, your camera sucks". Because it doesnt, and I garuntee you that YOUR camera cant take pictures of it either.

i147.photobucket.com/albums/r301/adobe56/7aa58721.jpg

i147.photobucket.com/albums/r301/adobe56/e4a0f924.jpg
You forgot to turn the flash on.

wrcr87

wrcr87 Avatar

Dedicated Member

May 2008
Doesn't look all that bright.

And it doesn't matter if its on the longest night or something, a lunar eclipse is still a lunar eclipse.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Eric Avatar
Jim Avatar

Just see the next one in a few years.

I don't know why people are making such a huge deal out of this. It happens every two to three years. The only thing that makes this one special is it fell on winter solstice. Ooh.
It's still fun to look at every few years. It's not like it happens every day. We celebrate birthdays and those happen every year. Hell, here we celebrate Fridays.

Because there's no real significance to it landing on the solstice. Birthdays represent another year of life, Fridays represent a break from the work/school week. Lunar eclipse on the Solstice represents...a measurable incident that has no significance beyond its rarity. It doesn't actually mean anything.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Eric Avatar
It's still fun to look at every few years. It's not like it happens every day. We celebrate birthdays and those happen every year. Hell, here we celebrate Fridays.

Because there's no real significance to it landing on the solstice. Birthdays represent another year of life, Fridays represent a break from the work/school week. Lunar eclipse on the Solstice represents...a measurable incident that has no significance beyond its rarity. It doesn't actually mean anything.
Yeah, but I usually look at every total eclipse, regardless of what day it lands on. It's a fun thing to celebrate "just because."

Feather

Feather Avatar
~

Official Member

November 2010
xmsteel Avatar
Feather Avatar
Oh, okay.

A full lunar eclipse on the longest night and shortest day, yes. 2096. Obviously you didn't read my first post with all the information on it.

Is there a visible difference if it's on the longest night? As in, it'll still look the same next time, right? :P

Last Edit: Dec 27, 2010 19:20:24 GMT by Feather

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Eric Avatar
You forgot to turn the flash on.

It goes on automatically. I had to turn it off, because it was worse with it on.
lol. It was a joke. A flash won't do anything for something that far away.

PHYsics

PHYsics Avatar

Official Member

November 2010
I was about to point that out. :P

Latest artwork: Artist's Crescendo
My Devart

Nocando

Nocando Avatar
clearnonsense.com

Official Member

September 2009
xmsteel Avatar
Feather Avatar
Oh, okay.

When it happens really changes nothing as far as your experience goes... if you saw it a week, month or a day prior to this, what you saw would really be the exact same thing.

i missed it but im not too worried about it. now if i missed a solar eclipse, id be blowing some steam.

Last Edit: Dec 28, 2010 5:09:22 GMT by Nocando
Recent Articles:

12.08.10 - Top 25 Albums of 2010

12.08.10 - Suicide in Ukraine Caught on Tape MUST SEE!!

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Feather Avatar
Oh, okay.

I'd rather wait until 2061 and see something truly amazing.

I'll donate 10 points to the first person to post what that is. :P

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Josh Avatar
xmsteel Avatar

The year you lose your virginity?

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Jim Avatar
Josh Avatar

The year you lose your virginity?

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Pretty sure Jim just got those well deserved ten points. (:

newBookmarkLockedFalling