Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
mirrorimg.net/images/9n0.png

I have yet to of been able to figure out a good logotype for this, so any inspiration/ideas on this would be great.

Apart from that, this is pretty much my first "serious" web design I've ever really done. It is only a WIP obviously. I'm looking to add on and improve still. Any ideas/crit is fantastic.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
No clue what to suggest or anything, but I'm liking the sphere inside the cube.
Did you create that?

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
That? No. I asked iiPod if I could borrow it to fill a space.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Light drop shadow from the nav. Also, don't like the text on the nav. I'm not sure if it's the color, the font, or just that it needs some kind of styling.

Hechizero

Hechizero Avatar
Blessed With Magic

October 2010
Eric Avatar
Light drop shadow from the nav. Also, don't like the text on the nav. I'm not sure if it's the color, the font, or just that it needs some kind of styling.

I don't like it either, but in my case it is because the plainness of it makes the 3D effect of the navigation "tape" get lost, or more specifically, become a contradiction.

On the other hand I like a lot the small spheres on the side. If they represent selectable spheres that when clicked bring a new post, a different picture, more content or some other idea I dig it. If they are there just to style then I think that they don't follow the flow unless you add something elsewhere that links the flow.

Also, if you plan to have multiple and different content in the same page I recommend a simple way of clearly yet elegantly dividing one "post" from the other.

~Hechizero

loverboiv3

loverboiv3 Avatar

Official Member

February 2011
:: rate 2 ::
Reason:
Hmm, First thing first. You NEED a logo i would go with something simple but tidy, stylish and clean! such as...
nikhilmisal.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/73.jpg
I feel a header like that would do wonders here...
The nav needs a drop shadow and some lines to define the 3d of the bar, i could help if you want just drop a PM, i feel the Grey on the side could use some diagonal lines to make it pop more, maybe even have it as a news feed for the website, just an idea.
I also thing the nav bar should be a tad bit smaller it overwhelms the page as a whole, its half the size of the header text....
I'm sorry if this seems rude and out of line but I'm just trying to help you as well as i was helped a long long time ago! sometimes someone telling you everything wrong may make you scratch the project and start over but it only means you will be better next time! i think its a great overall design just needs "here and there" adjustments!!

newBookmarkLockedFalling